Job Description Summary
Top level project manager, providing project and program management, delivery assurance and consulting, health checks and related guidance for key programs and projects. Responsible for leading all aspects of strategically important, complex global programs and projects that span business units. Provides direction in setting goals and performance of the program including project planning, execution, functionality, quality, cost, staffing and resource allocation. Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure program goals and requirements are met. Responsible for cross-project management of work streams that are interdependent or common across the various projects within in a program.Job Description
- All aspects of program and project management for strategically important initiatives.
- Assisting with PMO governance duties, including reporting, threshold assessments and assessing and monitoring health of key projects.
- Provide consulting and expert guidance on all phases of program and project delivery, including business case development, financial impact analysis, project scoping, risk assessment, monitoring and delivery.
- Manage major program initiatives; assist management in defining the strategic plans for programs that align with business goals and objectives. Manages interdependencies and common critical path milestones across the projects, facilitating risk management, issue escalation/resolution, scope change and implementation planning.
- Manage one or more large and complex projects with responsibility for meeting scope, timeline, budget, and quality commitments. Directs decision making, communications, problem resolution, and other associated activities during all phases of large and complex projects using a proactive and positive approach.
- Provides delivery assurance and health checks for strategic and key initiatives by assessing all aspects from project direction and scope through implementation (including business case, requirements, risk, change management and project deliverables).
- Designs and implements program and project organizational structures that are cost effective and efficient.
- Develops business case documentation, including cost benefit analysis and/or return on investment analysis.
- Promotes formal communication methods and establishes open and consistent communication with all levels within the organization (including project teams, stakeholders, management, and other Global IT Office functions). Defines and directs formal communication methods and establish open and consistent communication with all levels within the organization.
- Provides status reports and facilitates inter-program communication.
- Provides appropriate progress updates to management, steering committees, project boards and other stakeholders, using both formal and informal channels.
- Responsible for consulting, directing, mentoring, and checking the work of other project management professionals. Directs activities of multiple project managers responsible for individual projects within a program; holds teams accountable for meeting goals and objectives.
- Identifies and leads program and project process improvement activities.
- Strong organizational skills (planning, prioritizing) and communication skills (written, verbal, listening) are critical to this position, as are the ability to successfully adapt to diverse people and situations, manage conflict, proactively resolve issues, and strong time management.
- Developed skills in leadership, relationship building, negotiation and influence, and facilitation techniques.
- Effectively interact with staff and management at all levels, including C-level executives.
- Solid understanding of Project Management methodologies and principles, and relies on strong technical and analytical skills.
- Serve in a mentoring and leadership role, and must be able to influence without direct organizational authority.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or equivalent training/experience required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with at least 5 years’ experience managing complex multi-system and/or multiple department projects.
- Good understanding of the insurance and financial services industry.
- Expert level skills relating to project management theory, tools and practice
- Ability to speak multiple languages may be helpful
- PMP or Prince 2 certification
- Normal office environment
- Some international travel required
- May require flexible hours to accommodate global project teams