Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Office, the Director, Human Resources works with the CHRO and FHLB-OF management to develop and maintain human resources initiatives, policies, and programs that support the strategic business plan and to help the OF attract, develop, and retain talented employees. This position directs HR operations and governance/compliance functions with particular focus on compensation, benefits, performance management, employee relations, recruiting/onboarding, diversity, HR legal compliance, payroll, and HR risk mitigation. In addition, this position provides support to the FHLB-OF HR and Compensation Committee of the Board.Major Responsibilities include:
- Proactively collaborate with the CHRO and OF management to align the HR initiatives, policies, and programs with the OF’s strategic plan and objectives.
- Act as primary liaison to audit and risk staff and the regulator (FHFA), as well as the vendor management program.
- Direct the OF diversity program by coordinating efforts across the organization and assuring compliance with FHFA’s OMWI (Office of Minority Women and Inclusion) regulations.
- Assist CHRO with annual OF Succession Plan and process by participating in talent conversations, entering data and producing documentation in Succession Planning module, and providing ongoing counsel on employee development.
- Direct OF recruiting and onboarding process including working with hiring managers, external recruiters, approving offer letters, conducting references, and initiating background checks.
- Manage annual performance review process—90-day, mid-year, and annual reviews. Counsel managers and employees on individual performance issues and establishing goals.
- Manage OF employee relations, including counseling managers and employees, handling employee concerns, managing the OF’s progressive discipline program, and conducting internal investigations as needed.
- Oversee OF’s training and development program for all staff.
- Direct annual review of OF compensation model (i.e. salary grades, market benchmarks, incentives) and make recommendations as appropriate to remain competitive.
- Supervise HR Compensation and Benefits Manager.
Qualified candidates will offer a Bachelor’s degree – Human Resources, Business Administration, or closely related field strongly preferred – plus a minimum of 10 years of experience in general human resources administration with experience in regulated environments, preferably financial services. The FHLB-OF is seeking candidates with advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as an understanding of General Ledger entries and experience managing an HR Budget. Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws and regulations and a demonstrated competence in compensation and benefits is a must. To be effective in this role, individuals must have a strong customer service orientation and a demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate work to the “hands on.” A graduate degree and/or continuing education in human resources is desirable. Senior Professional Designation in Human Resources (SPHR) or Professional Designation in Human Resources (PHR) is helpful.
This position offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and work environment and is based in Reston, VA.
FHLB-OF is not currently sponsoring work visas or transfers. Green Card or citizenship required.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to the following job link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=dbe33395-bf37-4c97-a480-4dc278da8c0d&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=156717&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at email@example.com. Contact 202/232-1765.
The OF is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the OF’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a parent, or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.