Prospect, sell, and service new and existing insurance accounts for Church Mutual primarily in the northern third of the state of Kansas. Conduct on-site visits to inspect, field underwrite, evaluate exposures, and conduct customer new business, renewal, and service presentations. Provide risk management and risk improvement advice as appropriate. Evaluate exposures and round out customer accounts with appropriate coverage. Investigate and respond to customer inquiries. Maintain customer database and process automated insurance transactions. Required Skills
- Ability to understand church structure and operation.
- Possess an understanding of risk management and risk improvement issues.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and explain various insurance coverage.
- Ability to learn and use proprietary software and Microsoft products and stay current with changes.
- Able to work independently to specific performance standards and goals.
- Ability to travel, including overnight stays.
- Strong written/verbal presentation and listening skills.
- Demonstrated skills in relationships building, decision making, negotiation, communication, and closing the sale.
- Ability to apply basic math and drafting skills to create building replacement cost estimates and building perimeter diagrams.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Significant industry experience with a high school diploma or equivalent may be considered in place of a bachelor's degree.
- Previous insurance sales experience not required but would be a plus. A successful work history is essential.
- Must be computer literate using proprietary software and Microsoft Office.
Church Mutual Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.