We are currently recruiting for 2- FULL TIME Registered Nurses-VN-610, for the Community Living Center in the Extended Care Program.1st Area of consideration:
Current Permanent James J. Peters VAMC Employees2nd Area of consideration:
Current Permanent VA Employees3rd Area of consideration:
US CitizensTour of Duty:
1-RN- Day Shift 7am-7:30pm
1-RN-Night Shift- 7pm- 7am, 3 days a week and 1 week is 4 days (includes the 8hr short day) with alternating weekend and holidaysBargaining Unit
: YesGrade and Salary:
Will be determined by the Nurses Professional Standards Board for new appointees. Current RN employees will be reassigned at their current grade and step.Basic Requirements:
(1) Citizenship. Citizen of the United States.
(2) Graduation from School of Nursing (a) Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State [ ] agency [, and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies] at the time the program was completed by the applicant: 1. The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), an accrediting arm of the National League for Nursing located at 61 Broadway, 33rd Floor, New York, New York 10006 or 2. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), an accrediting arm of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). (c) In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active, and unrestricted registration and the possession of a Certificate from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
(3) Registration a) Condition of Employment. A registered nurse (RN) will have a current, full, active and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the U.S. or in the District of Columbia. The RN must maintain a current, full, active and unrestricted registration to continue employment with VA.
(4) Physical Standards. See VA Directive and Handbook 5019.
(5) English Language Proficiency. RNs appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).Preferred Qualifications:
Long Term Care Experience, Experience with geriatric population, Med/Surg Experience.Duties:
The CLC RN is responsible to clinical practice and oversight of the unit and staff of RN, LPN, NA/PCAs. Ensures goals of care for patients are met. Collaborates with all members of interdisciplinary team in ensuring patient safety, treatments and care according to clinical care standards. Reports to Care Team Manager and ANM during WHEN hours.
Note: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; students; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
*All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.*Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
Federal Agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
*This position does not require a filing of financial disclosure form*
Eligible and interested applicants should stop by the Human Resources Management Program Office, 9th Floor, Room 9C-09 and apply under Open & Continuous Announcement Number 2019-98
Current James J. Peters VAMC Registered Nurse employees should complete VA Form 4078, Application for Promotion or Reassignment and submit an updated resume for consideration and include most recent SF-50 showing current grade, step, salary and tenure.
All other applicants must submit an Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists (VA Form 10-2850a) dated within the last year available at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-fill.pdf along with a detailed resume, RN license, and proof of education (Transcripts) and most recent SF-50 showing current grade, step and salary (if applicable) to our office: Human Resources, 9th Floor, Room 9C-09 by close of business Monday, May 27, 2019
Please submit complete application package to our office, or by fax to (718) 741-4598 or by email to Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please reference Announcement Number 2019-98 on the application package.
For questions concerning this announcement please contact Natalie Israel, Resources Specialist at (718)584-9000, ext. 6530 or via email at Natalie.email@example.com.
Note: If you are claiming veteran's preference, you must provide a copy of your final discharge papers (DD-214) that documents the type of discharge received. If you are claiming 10-point veteran's preference you must also complete a SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference", furnishing the required documentation as stated on the back of the SF-15. This form is available at the following internet address: http://www.opm.gov/forms/. Failure to submit all of the required information may result in disqualification.Complete applications must be received in the Human Resources Management Service (05) by May 27, 2019.
THE JJP BRONX VA MEDICAL CENTER IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.