Senior Analyst - Evaluations
Join our MEDA Team
The Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA) is a community-based, local economic development organization that for almost 50 years has engaged individuals and small businesses in community-building strategies. Rooted in the Mission district and focused on San Francisco, our mission is to achieve social and economic justice for low- and moderate-income families through asset building and community development. MEDA is advancing strategies to create opportunities for families by: (1) offering integrated asset building programs related to affordable housing, financial capability, workforce development, business development and tax preparation; (2) serving as a backbone agency to advance educational achievement and family economic success through the Mission Promise Neighborhood 2-generation approach; (3) creating and preserving affordable housing and commercial real estate in San Francisco; (4) providing access to capital and innovative financial products through the Adelante Fund; and (5) promoting policy and advocacy efforts that support our mission. MEDA’s internal evaluation team supports each of these programs/departments by determining need, developing data systems, assessing impact, producing thought pieces, and offering technical assistance.
As MEDA continues to strengthen our community, we need more talented professionals that are dedicated to inspiring positive change – and driven to succeed in a fast-paced team environment. Be one of us!Your Career Opportunity
MEDA is seeking a Senior Analyst that can be an active member of the evaluation team under the supervision of the Director of Evaluation. Through the types of tasks described below, the Senior Analyst will help us advance, implement, and maintain MEDA’s program evaluation function as well as foster growth, innovation, and funding opportunities. Specifically, you will:
Support implementation and monitoring of a Results-Based Accountability system for each of MEDA’s programs/ departments to assess the extent to which organizational and program outcomes are met and promote continuous program improvement
- Develop and operationalize theories of change and logic models in alignment with MEDA’s organizational level and department-specific strategic plans
- Identify and operationalize outcomes, performance metrics, and indicators
- Design and implement departmental evaluation plans and scorecards
- Support collective impact planning
Provide research/evaluation support to each of MEDA’s departments/programs
Your Keys to Success
- Conduct interviews/needs assessments with programs/departments and provide evaluation/research technical assistance and thought partnership
- Design data collection instruments, administer surveys (online, paper, intercept, etc.), and conduct qualitative data collection and analysis
- Conduct quantitative data analysis of primary and secondary data using tools such as Salesforce, SPSS, Excel, etc.
- Locate publicly available data sources and provide interpretation to support use by various departments
- Develop geospatial maps
- Develops presentations, briefs, reports, policy/advocacy fact sheets, and other evaluation products that include data visualization
- Support grant proposal writing and data requests
To perform successfully in this role, you will need to leverage these key qualifications:
Your MEDA Experience
- Commitment to social equity
- Graduate degree in social sciences
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative data analytic skills
- 3-5 years of work experience with planning and conducting evaluations of programs that target lower-income communities
- Familiarity with Results-Based Accountability, Collective Impact, and other evaluation framework/models
- Knowledge of publicly available data sources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Spanish language ability desired
- Experience with facilitating meetings and providing evaluation technical assistance
Do meaningful work in an innovative workplace, while being challenged for your professional growth.
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate in our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA's values and mission. We invest in people's lives and support our own people's health and financial well-being.
Our core benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents – 100 percent covered by MEDA (Kaiser Plan premiums)
- 401(k) match plan for employees
- Generous paid time off -- minimum of 20 days for new employees
- Employee Assistance Program that offers free financial or legal counseling to employees or their families
- Other forms of voluntary benefits
Click on the link below, including your cover letter and resume with the application form.