The National Archives Foundation is seeking a Special Events Manager and Special Events Coordinator. As the National Archives’ nonprofit partner, the Foundation generates financial and creative support and public awareness for exhibitions, public programs, capital projects, strategic partnerships and educational initiatives. The Foundation advances its mission by inspiring a deeper appreciation of our country’s heritage and encouraging citizen engagement in our democracy by introducing America’s records to people around the U.S. and the world. Learn more at archivesfoundation.org
The Special Events Manager will provide support to the Director of Special Events in the successful completion of all Foundation hosted and private events to include (but not limited to): coordination and execution of NAF member, ticketed, and private corporate and non-profit events; onsite logistical support for evening and weekend events; support the Director in the coordination of major Foundation events; administrative support of the Special Events Department (answering phones, fielding inquiries, RSVP tracking, invoicing, budgeting, data entry etc.); responding to event space inquiries and completing site visits for clients interested in hosting events at the National Archives; networking and promotion of the National Archives Foundation at industry events; and, participation in organization-wide initiatives.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of event planning and administrative experience required. Meeting planning and protocol experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication required
- Collegial working style and ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to maintain diplomacy, while working effectively with a wide range of constituencies, both internally and externally.
- Comfortable with deadline-driven responsibilities and the capacity to handle multiple priorities at once
- Ability to participate in evening/weekend events
- Familiarity with computer software for word-processing, event management and database management — Raiser’s Edge, Accruent (EMS), Social Tables, & G-Suite (Google) preferred.
- Interest in American history, civic engagement, and/or museums a plus
Position open immediately. Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis. Competitive salary and benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience. Email resume, cover letter with salary preference, and three references to:
Deputy Executive Director
National Archives Foundation
700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Room G-12 Washington, DC 20408