GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) - a Boston-based nonprofit legal advocacy organization at the cutting edge of the fight for full equality and justice for LGBTQ people and people living with HIV - is looking for a strategic and tech-savvy digital media manager to join our dynamic communications team.
Through impact litigation, public policy advocacy and education, GLAD works in New England and nationally to create a just society free of discrimination on the basis of gender identity, HIV status, and sexual orientation.
The Digital Media Manager will join a 6 person communications/public education and engagement team that works together to engage audiences on important LGBTQ and HIV rights issues; communicate the impact of GLAD’s legal advocacy work; educate the LGBTQ and HIV+ communities about their rights; encourage connection and relationship building with community members and partners; and further GLAD’s strategic priorities including racial and economic justice and access to justice.
The Digital Engagement Manager will work as part of a cross-departmental communications team to plan, create, curate and share compelling content and drive engagement across GLAD’s digital platforms, including social media, email and web. The ideal candidate will be tech savvy, a strategic communicator, and committed to spreading GLAD’s mission and work to communities most impacted by injustice, while also connecting to those who want to ensure that our work continues. GLAD is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from transgender persons, people of color, and individuals with disabilities, including HIV.
Digital Engagement and Social Media
- In partnership with others on the interdepartmental communications team, strategize, design,curate, and post content, including copy, graphics, and other digital media formats across multiple social platforms
- Monitor and respond to comments, mentions, feedback and other engagement online
- Track metrics and analyze content/campaign performance; provide actionable reports and recommendation for future engagement
- Follow and share best practices for nonprofit/advocacy-focused digital engagement
- Build and test emails for public education, advocacy and fundraising campaigns
- Monitor email engagement metrics and make recommendations for improvement as needed
- Oversee email list growth and engagement
- Oversee the daily maintenance and support of GLAD’s WordPresswebsite
- Post regular content to GLAD.org and NoTransMilitaryBan.org
- Manages projects to enhance online systems, infrastructure, and content
- Building campaign, event, case, or legislation-related landing pages
- Optimize web pages for social sharing and mobile responsiveness
- Analyze performance and engagement; issue regular reports and make recommendations for improvement as needed
- 2+ years experience in digital engagement, communications or marketing, particularly in a non-profit or advocacy setting
- Experience communicating online in an organizational voice
- Fluency in multiple digital and social platforms: website; email. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
Familiarity with social, email, and website analytics
- Familiarity with content management systems, including managing, customizing and troubleshooting websites (WordPress experience preferred)
- Excellent written and visual communication skills, including a strong sense of visual design for communications, accessible language, and communicating across diverse audiences.
- A passion for learning and sharing ever changing best practices in digital communication, advocacy and engagement, as well as digital accessibility and intersectionality
- Commitment to developing and expanding a diverse communications toolkit to spread our message to those who need it most.
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- A passion for LGBTQ and HIV rights
- A commitment to furthering racial and economic justice, and access to justice
Enthusiastic attention to detail
- Proficiency in Canva, Adobe Creative Suite or other digital image creation and browser-based image/layout editing software preferred.
- Experience with video editing/production a plus.
- List emailing platforms experience a plus.
- Spanish and/or other non-English language skills a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits include health, dental and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) with employer contribution; three weeks vacation; and supportive and friendly work environment dedicated to groundbreaking achievement for the LGBTQ and HIV communities.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter by Friday, September 7, 2019 to email@example.com
with the subject “Digital Media Manager.” Only applications with both cover letter and résumé will be considered – no phone calls, please. GLAD is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from transgender persons, people of color, and individuals with disabilities, including HIV.