Manage the customer experience for our broker and agency partners, providing motivation for them to increase performance levels and engagement with CM Group. Identify reporting and metrics to show relevant and predictive information related to sales opportunities and trends. Work closely with Affinity Sales and Territory Managers to design communications and promotional materials supporting sales strategies and incentives geared to increase new business sales and retention for all niches. Work with VP of Broker Distribution to develop content for broker outings. Work with senior management to develop, design and manage Elite trip program. Oversee metrics and service provided to specified elite agencies. Develop and maintain strong relationships with agency and key broker contacts to increase sales. Manger responsibilities to include staffing, training and development, performance management, and work force planning.Required Skills
Manager responsibilities may include all of the following:
*Staffing needs, to include interviewing and onboarding for new employees.
*Training and development, as well as coaching and motivation for staff.
*Performance Management, goal setting, employee engagement, and salary administration.
*Workforce Management to include; unit equipment, software, and space needs, approving time off and overtime usage, and budget recommendations.
- Develop, manage, and continuously evaluate the broker tiering process to encourage increased broker performance levels. Provide input on the budget and manage the program to meet expectations. Provide materials to Territory Managers to allow for successful communication and implementation of the program.
- Participate in the planning of broker meetings, including the development of the agenda and identification of what content is being presented or delivered (i.e., broker outing, elite trip, producers counsel. This may include site visits to locations and work with contracted travel agency.
- Cultivate relationships with top brokers, including, but not limited to, developing and managing a stewardship platform.
- May participate or run stewardship meetings with policyholders and/or broker partners. May participate in new business presentations.
- Identify and make recommendations for appropriate metrics to evaluate current book and prospect information. Collaborate with internal departments to provide quantitative information to identify future sales opportunities and other pertinent trends. Work with Business Intelligence and Operations to ensure reports are accurate, informative, and predictive.
- Collaborate with the Affinity Department to increase penetration, policyholder loyalty, and new business sales in National Programs.
- Collaborate with other departments as needed for any issue around the customer experience for brokers and policyholders. This may include Underwriting, Processing, Risk Control, Claims, I.T., Billing, Audit, etc.
- Assist Territory Managers as requested in developing and implementing ongoing marketing initiatives, with supporting materials, to increase new business submissions and sales, and maintain or increase retention.
- Assist the VP of Broker Distribution in development of broker communications, marketing materials, and planning of promotional opportunities.
- Interface with Marketing to develop and deliver presentations and seminars on company programs to brokers, their employees, and conference/convention attendees via face‑to‑face, webinars, PowerPoint, or over the telephone. Identify and research opportunities to highlight company programs.
- Maintain and update Value Proposition and other promotional print/web‑based materials. Manage website and/or portal experience.
- Serve as the Service contact for specified Agency relationships.
- Work with Agency contact to increase sales production and steward book profitability.
- Coordinate with Underwriting team on complex submissions.
- Provide input on system/process changes that would impact Agency.
- Provide annual input for a servicing plan to the VP of Broker Distribution.
- Travel required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Five years of relevant commercial lines experience required. Claims or risk management (loss prevention) experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and/or years of experience is preferred.
- Possession of applicable sales licenses and/or the ability to obtain and maintain applicable licenses and continuing education is required.
- Ability to learn Church Mutual services, products, account management techniques, and customer service with an exceptional ability to handle accounts with the most complex needs and demands with minimal direction.
- Ability to work independently on a wide variety of tasks in a proactive manner in a fast‑paced environment.
- Ability to positively influence external parties.
- Experience supervising people and/or proven leadership skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize to meet aggressive deadlines, and ability to adjust to workload fluctuations.
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly and concisely (both orally and in written form).
- Fully effective organizational and interpersonal skills needed to set priorities and manage time to maximize policyholder contact and be responsive to policyholders and/or agent/broker.
- Information gathering, analytical skills, and proficiency in systems are required.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience in a broker/agency environment is desired.
Church Mutual Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.