At Patientco, we are building the future of healthcare payments. Our technology is helping to create a better payment experience for patients and in turn, providing incredible value to healthcare providers across the U.S. Whether you are customer facing or working diligently behind the scenes, everyone at Patientco plays a vital role in improving the healthcare experience of millions of people. It’s a big job, but we wouldn’t have it any other way!
As the Financial Operations Associate you will be an integral part of the Operations team working directly with the Customer Support, Finance & Accounting, and Customer Success teams, as well as customers directly, to ensure high-quality processing related to the various forms of Patientco payment transactions. In this role, you will be accountable for lockbox processing support, chargebacks, and researching transaction holds.
Do you have a gift for being highly detail oriented? Do you possess a passion for accuracy as well as a passion for identifying trends and solving problems? If so, read on!
Why we need you on our team:
- Tier 1 support for all lockbox processing exceptions (paper checks)
- Communication liaison between Patientco and lockbox key operating stakeholders
- Research, review, and associate patient checks and other scanned items (exception payments, correspondence) to ensure they are applied to the correct patient accounts
- Manage rejected processing exception payments
- Identify and analyze processing errors related to misassociations and encoding errors
- Respond to chargeback provider support cases delivered to us by our online processing tool and credit card portals
- Create Service Cloud cases and communicate to external chargeback stakeholders in order to retrieve and submit accurate chargeback documentation
- Work with Customer Success Managers, Senior Customer Success Managers, and Developers to pull reports based on client requests and escalate chargeback issues as necessary
- Research flagged, potentially risky transactions and find resolutions to ensure proper funds disbursement
- Perform quarterly ACH audits
- Bachelor’s degree
- Attention to detail and research skills
- Excellent service skills – the ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, conscientious and analytical
- Adept at solving problems with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong technical aptitude
- Ability to evaluate, troubleshoot and follow-up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, verbally and in writing
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and attention to accuracy
- Strong work ethic and team player
- A sense of humor
- 1 - 3 year experience in customer service or banking
- Fintech, Transaction or Healthcare experience a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus
We are a team at Patientco and that’s not just some corporate mumbo jumbo. We expect a ton out of everyone here but that’s what makes it great. The whole is far greater than the sum of its parts. We value excellent communication and collaboration skills, creative problem solving, empathy, open mindedness, extreme attention to detail, a healthy dose of grit and a good sense of humor.
We take care of our own at Patientco. Some of the highlights include our infamous “Free Food Fridays”, casual dress code, no vacation tracking, monthly social events, and of course a full benefits package including health/dental/vision/401k. Bottom line: it’s a great place to work!