Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here
!About the Job
Magoosh is looking for an experienced marketer or business development professional who knows how to grow market share, assess partnership opportunities, and get things done. This individual will help us grow our MCAT and LSAT test prep products by pursuing opportunities that can rapidly increase market share. We’re looking for a strategic thinker and a go-getter who can source and lock down opportunities that get Magoosh’s products in front of qualified audiences of students.
This position is a part-time, internship (3+ months, with possibility of extension). You must be available to work an average of 20 hours per week. Salary range is $60-70/hour, based on experience. This opportunity would be a good fit for a current MBA student, though that is not a requirement. You must be authorized to work in the US and available to start work in fall 2019. In this position, you will…
You have many of the following…
- Work closely with the LSAT/MCAT cross-functional team to develop and execute on a marketing strategy for growing market share in the LSAT and MCAT space.
- Identify creative partnerships and opportunities for us to expand our reach, potentially including: Partnering with, or creating, communities or online forums
- Establishing relationships with student organizations who can provide feedback on and spread the word about our MCAT and LSAT products
- Finding opportunities for selling to schools, universities, test prep centers and other groups who would benefit from using our existing products (and working with our internal Senior Business Development Manager to prioritize and manage these deals)
- Identifying influencers or affiliate partners who may be good fits (and working with our Paid Acquisition Manager to prioritize and manage these relationships)
- Developing and executing on timely marketing campaigns to expose more students to our products
- Conduct outreach to initiate conversations about business development opportunities, and assess and follow up with any high-impact inbound opportunities for our LSAT and MCAT product lines
- Track all key metrics associated with your projects
- Help out the LSAT/MCAT team as needed (we're a startup, after all!)
Extra credit if you have…
- 3+ years of experience in marketing and business development / partnership management
- Experience developing a high level strategy and doing in-the-weeds detail work (and everything in between)
- The ability to learn quickly and apply those learnings to your work
- An analytically-driven approach to your work; using data to inform decisions and strategy
- The ability to independently juggle multiple projects with competing priorities
- Strong communication skills over email, phone, and in-person
- Experience demo-ing and explaining technology products effectively, and developing creative solutions to customer problems
- Fast responsiveness, being always “plugged in”
- The willingness to move quickly, take risks, and put yourself out there
- A passion for improving access to education
Note: Please feel free to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
- Experience with the LSAT or MCAT
- A broad base of marketing knowledge and experience
- A track record of scaling a business line
- Experience conducting optimization experiments and proficiency with a range of analytics tools needed to track impact
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post
. To learn more about our benefits and perks, check out our benefits and perks doc
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.