Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply. About the Job
We’re looking for a well-rounded, highly driven entry-level marketer who’s passionate about our mission and willing to get their hands dirty across a variety of marketing functions. You’ll be helping Magoosh reach and educate millions of students across our graduate (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT), high school (SAT, ACT), and English language learning (IELTS, TOEFL) products, as you work in 3-6 month rotations with different people on the marketing team.
You’ll get the chance to develop a broad foundational base of online marketing techniques that have helped us acquire hundreds of thousands of paying customers, as well as experiment with new techniques that you'll discover and test on your own. This role could be a perfect opportunity for a recent grad – but a college degree is not required.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Berkeley, CA. You must be authorized to work in the US.
The salary range for this position is between $65,000 - $85,000 depending on level of experience.In this position, you will…
You have many of the following…
- Work on various projects across the marketing and sales department, in 3-6 month project rotations based on company needs
- Gain marketing knowledge across a variety of functions, such as (and not limited to): Content marketing and SEO, Product marketing, Growth marketing, Partnerships and business development, Sales, Pricing and promotions, Email marketing, YouTube marketing, PR
- Work closely with different teams and different direct managers over the course of 1-2 years
- Grow into a non-rotational role on the marketing team over time, based on company needs at the time and your strengths and interests – we think this would likely be 1-2 years out, but it could take more or less time depending on the circumstances
Extra credit if you have…
- A passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze data to inform decisions
- A focus on your work being excellent and having a positive impact
- Exceptional writing, editing, communication, and research skills
- The ability to successfully drive forward many projects at once without compromising attention to detail
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a team
- Experience with basic office software (Google docs and spreadsheets, Gmail) with a knack for quickly picking up new software and tools
- A growth mindset and a curiosity to learn more about all aspects of marketing, business, and the education sector
- Comfort with and an openness toward change; the ability to adapt quickly to new situations and function well with ambiguity
- Ambition to grow and learn quickly, and to identify and take on new challenges
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
- Previous professional marketing experience
- Experience with test prep tutoring or teaching
- Intermediate Excel or basic Google Analytics skills
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.