3M is seeking a Financial Analyst for the Finance Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Financial Analyst will be a valued team member of 3M’s Corporate Treasury organization. This person will play a key role in the Company's cash management activities and strategy. The person hired for this role will be responsible for driving transformation and continuous improvement across the global treasury operation and 3M’s banking infrastructure.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively engage in the strategic planning process with the Treasury functional teams
- Articulate results of financial analysis, negotiating outcomes to assure results attainment
- Proactively develop analysis and work with business to drive change
- Document and maintain treasury policies and procedures; ensure proper controls and compliance with company policies
- Assist in maintaining relationships with banks and other financial institutions
- Analyzing bank fees, identifying opportunities, and executing associated implementation plans
- Managing banking account structure and compliance with global financial standards, SOX, and departmental policies
- Partner with business functions by providing proactive finance guidance to influence business thinking related to financial instruments
- Keep current on evolving industry solutions; recommending and implementing updates to 3M’s model to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in a financial and/or business analysis role in a private, public, government or military environment
- Master's degree in Business Administration or Finance.
- Track record of collaborating with teams to create unique, compelling and impactful analyses
- Highly proactive self-starter with ability to drive change
- Experience working on cross functional, cross business unit and global teams
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and communication skills.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and complex problem solving.
- Experience with SAP.
: May include up to 5% (domestic and/or international) Relocation
: Is not authorized.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.