At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Operations Manager for the Aberdeen, SD facility. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Operations Manager will serve as the overall site operations manager for all manufacturing production departments at the Aberdeen, SD facility, approximately 420 persons. Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following: developing and executing manufacturing strategies, Lean management systems, & operational plans that drive continuous improvement for safety, quality, service, and cost & cash. As such, this person will be a member of the Plant Operating Committee and will collaborate with each member of the plant leadership team to help the plant continuously improve.
For additional business group/division/product information, please visit: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/plant-locations-us/aberdeen/
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- EHS stewardship and compliance to ensure operational Environmental, Health, and Safety compliance and accountability. EHS active visible leadership, ownership, and involvement within assigned operations.
- Working cross functionally with plant management, Value Stream Managers, Product Divisions, and portfolio/business management to set short- and long-term strategic plans as well as operating plans for departments & drive Customer First initiatives in service, quality, and cost improvements.
- Driving strategic planning and budgeting to drive sustainable improvements in factory cost through application of Lean Six Sigma, entitlement thinking, Quality, Capability, yield improvement, and plant productivity.
- Providing direct supervision & development to Operations General Supervisors, Continuous Improvement General Supervisor, their organizations, and support groups to set objectives, performance and motivation management and training.
- Developing and maintaining annual operating budgets. Identify, develop budget for, prioritize and direct justification and implementation of headcount. Monitor progress, initiate corrective action as required.
- Clearly communicating to all employees within the operations the expectations, results, and any adjustments to plans to meet goals of the facility.
- Implementing lean manufacturing principles and methodology to drive employee engagement and continuous improvement including tier, standard work, development utilizing the 3M Execution Model.
- Engaging the community by representing 3M in community affairs as appropriate and foster good public relations in the local community.
- Accelerating value creation for customers through greater global alignment, improved information flow, systematic thinking to increase our overall supply chain efficiency, and strengthening our focus on continuous improvement.
- Driving system and process improvements though principled leadership behaviors.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of combined experience in management/supervision in a manufacturing environment in aprivate, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Experience leading and implementing Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma methodology for sustained continuous improvement for attainment of aggressive objectives for EHS, Quality, Service, and Financial Performance
- Demonstrated high emotional intelligence (EQ) – ability to connect, build teams, & rapport across all levels and functions of the broader organization.
- Minimum of five (5) years of management/supervisory experience in a 3M manufacturing environment
- Experience in organizational development & management, customer and community interactions
- Certified Lean Six Sigma position, either BB or MBB
- Demonstrated strong leadership ability
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean leadership principles and behaviors
Location: Aberdeen, SD
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.