At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M is seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer/Scientist for the Environment, Health, and Safety Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Senior Environmental Engineer/Scientist will primarily be responsible for supporting and leading environmental remediation projects involving cross functional teams for various sites around the world.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as project engineer/scientist and/or project manager for assigned remediation projects.
- Manage financial aspects of remediation project spending.
- Direct external contractors involved in remediation projects.
- Assess regulatory requirements and establish remediation strategy for assigned projects.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders regarding relative aspects of assigned projects.
- Optimize remediation project effectiveness at various phases of implementation.
- Assist internal stakeholders with projects related to property acquisition, divestiture and/or closure.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering or science discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of environmental experience in aprivate, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher in chemical, environmental, civil or geological engineering or geology, hydrogeology, and/or geophysics from an accredited institution
- Project management experience
- Training and experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Environmental regulatory knowledge (with understanding of waste and remediation concepts and regulations), with experience working with regulatory agencies in interactions and/or negotiations.
- Previous experience in waste characterization, geology/hydrogeology, environmental site assessments, and/or asbestos regulations preferred
- Strategic thinker, high attention to detail, process-oriented, ability to develop and maintain good working relations with clients, effective listening abilities, ability to communication with varying levels and in one-on-one, small group and large audience settings, clear and concise writing and data documentation style, and a self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Knowledge and experience related to auditing and health and safety regulations a plus
- Foreign language fluency a plus
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 20% domestic/international
Relocation: May be authorized
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.