American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women's health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking a Membership Specialist. This position is responsible for processing all applications for nonphysician categories. Provides statistical information internally and externally. Provides organizational and professional support of membership operations.Responsibilities
1. Review and process applications for medical student and educational affiliate memberships. Verify credentials, approve and admit daily, and send follow-up requests as needed. Maintain rapport with specific ob/gyn clerkship coordinators. Assist in processing applications for other categories in the absence of staff. Responsible for annual medical student termination process.
2. Evaluate and fulfill statistical requests internally and externally. Collaborate with Senior Data Analyst to fulfill complex new requests. Participate on the data governance council team in support of the member analytics initiative. Assist with developing support and training/tutorial videos. Collaborate with membership data steward to ensure appropriate on-going testing of data and discrepancies are reported and handled in a timely manner.
3. Dispense monthly member-subscriber list for the Green Journal. Confirm member subscriber list requirements are accurate and submitted promptly to ensure timely delivery. Perform appropriate data cleanup, troubleshoot with IT and rectify problems. Collaborate with the Green Journal vendor regarding special requests and nonreceipt of journals.
4. Update membership area of website. Audit membership pages for out-of-date content, broken links, etc. Participate in IT/membership initiatives to aid in streamlining processes and improving the member experience.
5. Responsible for membership email account. Responds to member inquires via email, phone and other methods of communication and provides exceptional customer service. Assist Senior Director and staff with departmental related projects and database cleanups. Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree and at least 2 to 3 years work experience in association membership
• Analytical skillset, organized and high attention to detail
• At least 1-year experience with NetForum or equivalent Association Management Software (AMS)
• Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive and complete tasks independently following a defined process; highly motivated
• Excellent verbal & written communications
• Fluency in Spanish is desiredAbout ACOG
Home to more than 58,000 women's health care professionals, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization leading advancements in women's health. When you become part of the ACOG team, you're part of an organization that values communicating evidence-based, peer-reviewed information about women's health to members and the general public. ACOG supports its members by maintaining authoritative clinical guidance, providing continuing medical education resources, patient education materials and more. Together with our members, we are working to transform the future of women's health by delivering a compelling member experience, supporting the ob-gyn profession, and advocating for improved women's health.Our Perks
Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Flexible work schedule – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Life Insurance – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings – and more!
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.Apply Here