Founded in 1995, AVAC uses communication, education, policy analysis, advocacy and a network of global collaborations to accelerate the ethical development and global delivery of HIV prevention options as part of a comprehensive and integrated response to the epidemic. AVAC works across the “research-to-rollout” continuum in solidarity with individuals and groups most impacted by HIV. About Product Introduction & Access
The Product Introduction & Access team accelerates product innovation and accessibility to bring effective prevention options to those who need them most. AVAC and a range of partners are working to accelerate the timely, efficient, effective and affordable development and introduction of new prevention options. This growing body of work currently includes:
- The OPTIONS Consortium — Funded by USAID and co-led with FHI 360 and Wits RHI, OPTIONS works to accelerate the introduction of new HIV prevention products by providing support and technical assistance for investment scenarios, market-shaping strategies, country-level support, implementation science and health systems strengthening.
- HIV Prevention Market Manager – Funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Market Manager works with partners across the prevention research-to-rollout spectrum to expand the portfolio of options and ensure products are available, accessible and used by those who need them most. Core partner is CHAI.
- Dual Prevention Pill Project – Funded by the Children’s Investment Fund, this project is leveraging the PMM to prepare for rapid and successful introduction of a daily oral pill for HIV prevention and contraception in 2022.
AVAC seeks an experienced Program Manager in product development, product introduction, and service delivery to join the Product Introduction & Access Team. This Program Manager will work closely with the Director and Senior Program Manager to help ensure the effective introduction planning and roll-out of potential multi-purpose technologies (MPT) that protect sexual and reproductive health. This person will contribute to the development and implementation of strategy and workplans; complete deliverables in compliance with budget, work plan, and reporting requirements; and contribute their expertise to the successful implementation of this body of work. The ideal candidate will bring both industry and global health experience and a strategic orientation to this work. They will execute and drive successful product lifecycles from development to introduction and scale-up, focusing on public health impact. This position will report directly to the Director of Product Introduction & Access. ResponsibilitiesProject management:
- Contribute to the development of new HIV biomedical prevention and MPT product introduction plans and execute against project strategies.
- Manage sub-grantees, consultants and stakeholders, including contracts, reporting and coordinating calls and meetings.
- Develop donor-compliant project plans which outline the process, timing and deliverables.
- Collaborate with AVAC colleagues and external partners to set and achieve project timelines with quality and operational expectations.
- Ensure compliance with donor reporting requirements.
- Disseminate quarterly updates to various internal and external stakeholders regarding the HIV prevention and MPT launch landscape and to communicate project achievements.
- Coordinate project metrics and program related data to measure impact and lessons learned.
- Develop key materials to represent the project in working groups, conferences, and workshops related to HIV prevention and/or multipurpose technologies.
- Coordinate technical assistance to product developers, implementers and advocates throughout the product life cycle.
- Work closely with Product Introduction & Access team to evaluate established product introduction platforms to help inform future product design and ensure products are in tune with consumer needs and introduction plans reflect service delivery realities in low- and middle-income countries.
- Build on existing platforms AVAC has helped to develop, identify, assess and document launch metrics, effective product introduction approaches and market shaping strategies related to HIV prevention and integration with SRHR.
- Review and synthesize available evidence, abstracts, journal articles and clinical trial data to inform the next generation of HIV prevention products and MPTs.
- 3 -7 years of experience working for and executing programs in HIV/AIDS, SRHR and global health with a focus on innovations or introducing new products and technologies.
- Excellent analytical, presentation and project management skills within complex, multi-stakeholder environments.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly synthesize available evidence and science and convey to diverse audiences.
- Proactive, self-starter with ability to forge relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders including donors, technical leaders, and other implementing partners.
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical and regulatory processes, supply chain management and service delivery, especially in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience with implementation and reporting for private foundations and USG-funded projects.
- Familiarity of the funding landscape and partners in HIV/AIDS, SRHR and global health.
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially PowerPoint, and project management tools
- Advanced degree in a relevant area in public health.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Innovative decision making
- Team oriented
- Foresight to predict opportunities as well as bottlenecks and roadblocks and how to overcome them
- Proactive handling of complex issues
- Ownership of decisions and actions
- Gains trust and respect within team and with stakeholders
- Clearly articulates/communicates vision for the future
- Incorporates continuous feedback as part of performance management
- Able to meet tight deadlines when required
AVAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status and other such factors in accordance with US state and federal laws. People living with and/or representing communities most impacted by HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
with the job title in the subject line. For more information about AVAC, visit www.avac.org