3M is seeking an experienced Quality Leader for the United States and Canada (USAC) area leadership team with the Manufacturing and Supply Chain organization. The position is in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Quality Manager will be a key leader and part of the USAC Area leadership team reporting to the USAC Area Vice President of Manufacturing and Supply Chain. The person hired into this role will be responsible for executing BG and enterprise quality strategies to meet global quality and regulatory requirements across all manufacturing sites within the Area.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the Area Quality Management Systems (QMS) to ensure its suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness
- Align the Area QMS to the BG and Enterprise Operations quality strategy, and country requirements
- Executes the Area customer and operational quality processes to achieve performance targets
- Drive Area quality excellence initiatives
- Develop the Area quality talent pipeline
- Provide oversight to USAC manufacturing and distribution sites to drive Operational Quality excellence, working to identify and address sources of risk and variability (e.g. via process audits/reviews).
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement to drive customer satisfaction, ensuring compliance to area regulatory requirements and achieve business and operational objectives.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in a private, public, government or military environment in one or more of the following areas: high technology manufacturing/production, distribution, quality and/or laboratory
- Minimum five (5) years of leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Authentic leader with proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and create excellent collaboration
- Ability to lead internal and external audit activities
- Experience leading Six Sigma/Lean/Quality Improvement manufacturing projects
- Change management experience of programs with significant strategic importance, such as TQM
- Demonstrated skills in customer experience management
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Microsoft Office proficient, QMS tools a plus
- ASQ certification or equivalent international quality certification
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic/international
Relocation Benefits: Are authorized for this position
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.3M is an equal opportunity employer.
3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.