Fred Rogers Productions is looking for a Supervising Producer for a new animated series for children. Under the supervision of and working closely with the Executive Producer, the Supervising Producer will be responsible for overseeing all phases of content development, scripting and production.
Candidates for this position must have a background in national broadcast children's animated programming and a passion for creating great content for kids. Strong editorial and production skills are required. Must have experience leading a production team and possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
The position is based in Pittsburgh and may require frequent regional travel. This opportunity is being offered as a contract position, initially for 30 months, with generous benefits.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Executive Producer and partners to develop and complete all key ingredients of the production: scripts, curriculum, talent, design, music and all other elements affecting the format, substance and style of the series.
- Supervise the activities of the production teams, including overseeing the content development and scripting processes.
- Manage head writer, associate producer and script coordinator
- Review scripts for editorial content and educational goals. Oversee educational advisors. Review notes from various team members, including educational advisors, and combine with EP notes to provide a unified set of notes to head writer and writers.
- Review and provide detailed feedback on all production elements.
- Act as key liaison with broadcaster and animation studio, coordinating review of production elements.
- Oversee animation production process and supervise the series' production schedule.
- Supervise delivery of show to broadcaster.
- Work closely with CFO on the series budget.
- Provide input on website and digital content to digital producer in order to maintain the series' educational goals, quality and look.
- Consult with Marketing team on publicity and promotion.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Applications close on December 8, 2019
. No telephone calls, please.