Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Individual contributors focused on executing operational, functional and/or business strategy, with a range of responsibilities in a professional discipline or specialty. The majority of time is spent on the delivery, implementation or design of processes, programs and policies using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education. May lead and/or organize the work of other lower level professionals, or manage processes and programs. Provides full, life cycle recruiting and talent management support for Parkland Health & Hospital (Parkland). The incumbent will leverage relationships with hiring managers to successfully drive the recruitment strategy as well provide efficiency improvements for all processes. The position will be responsible for working with the HR Business Partner, HR Generalists, Parkland department leadership and Learning and Organizational Development (LOD) to create employee career development plans that meet both the present and future needs of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Must have eight (8) years of related recruitment and talent management experience.
- Requires theoretical knowledge, often gained through a combination of experience and/or advanced education, typically college / university degree Bachelor's.
- Prefer experience to include three (3) years of leading or providing significant input on project team initiatives with significant organization/HR impact.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- Eleven (11) years of experience can be substituted to meet the minimum education requirement. Also, an equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Prefer certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) - OR - Certification as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) - OR - Certification as a Society for Human Resource Management - Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) - OR -Certification as a Society for Human Resource Management - Senior Certified professional (SHRM-SCP)
- Development Dimensions International (DDI) Target Selection Interviewer and Trainer certification preferred.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must possess the ability to maintain ongoing knowledge of Parkland policy and procedures, federal and state laws regarding employment practices and provide updates to Talent Acquisition, HR Staff and department leadership.
- Must possess the ability to develop and maintain a strategic relationship with clients, HR Business Partners, Leadership & Organizational Development, and other HR functions.
- Must possess the ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable and professional manner on the phone and in person; and demonstrate the use of good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to interact with peers, executives, and others in a manner that represents Parkland positively.
- Must possess the ability to learn and apply new information, knowledge and experiences in a timely manner.
- Must possess the ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Must possess the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects and to prioritize.
- Prefer familiarity with PeopleSoft Talent Acquisition/Management solution.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending eminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding. Seasoned professional; continuously improves on processes and systems that may require understanding of multiple job areas/departments or specialties.
- Works to achieve operational, functional, and/or business targets with direct impact on departmental results.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area, typically obtained through advanced education and experience.
- Conducts and coordinates recruiting and selection activities to meet the needs of the organization. Serves as primary recruiting and point-of-contact to assigned department managers. Manages and maintains a scalable, repeatable, and measurable recruitment/staffing process and methodology with managers to ensure hiring goals are met.
- Manages projects as assigned by director for development and learning opportunity. Projects may include coordination of internship hiring, management of interns/volunteers for HR Division, managing sourcing or referral campaigns, Target Selection or other LOD training programs, directing day to day activities of the Sourcing Specialist, serving as mentor to new hires, and/or managing key vendor relationships.
- Confers with senior management to identify personnel needs, workforce planning strategies and search assignments to ensure an understanding of job duties, responsibilities and business requirements. Visits all hiring-manager departments to develop a thorough understanding of the department culture and uses that understanding to recruit. Participates in the development of ongoing and creative cost- effective sourcing strategies.
- Develops strategic plans for recruitment and workforce planning and special reports for Talent Acquisition and Parkland to optimize healthcare services, enhance new programs/projects andeducate both internal and external customers.
- Develops and maintains relationships with universities offer degree programs in the following areas: Nursing, Allied Health, Pharmacy, Computer Technology, Billing, Coding, etc., to ensure success with recruitment efforts.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all Parkland internal and external customers, employees, etc. Serves as a resource person for recruiters, HR Business Partners and other healthcare team members.
- Facilitates orientation and training for newly hired recruiters to include all aspects of recruitment function, processes and procedures, applicable labor laws, immigration policy and PeopleSoft applicant tracking system. Serves as a resource person for specific human resource related issues. Accompanies new recruiters to career fairs and annual conventions for training purposes.
- Supports growth and development in supporting communities by actively recruiting eligible applicants from within these communities to ensure Parkland’s employee population reflects thediversity of its patients.
- Manages the marketing of Parkland employment opportunities by attending job fairs, career days, conferences, etc., and developing and distributing promotional materials to promote widespread public awareness of career opportunities at Parkland.
- Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes, work flows, etc. for Talent Acquisition and implements appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
- Proactively manages risk by ensuring knowledge and compliance of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the Talent Acquisition department. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding.
- Creates reports and presentations as requested for intra-/intra-departmental use to include gathering and analyzing data for work with HR Business Partner, trends in hiring including market conditions, social media and completion evaluation, etc., to ensure the data/information needed to make sound business decisions as needed.
- Conducts internal audits of HR documentation, immigration documents and personnel files to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinates and plans monthly, quarterly and annual recruitment and Talent Acquisition activities.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Pharmacy, Healthcare