What you'll do in your role.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
• Provide leadership, coaching, and full-service day-to-day management to direct reports.
• Serves as a leader on an HR Crew, working collaboratively to deliver effective execution of recruiting and leadership development training and programs. Provides strategic direction and input to business leaders regarding overall people strategies that support the culture, company direction, and growth needs of the business and its employees.
• Provides expert and objective advice, coaching, and counsel to leaders and employees on HR programs, policy and procedures, employment/labor laws, conflict resolution, change management, diversity and organizational development to promote a fair and equitable work environment.
• In partnership with the appropriate support resources, responds to employee concerns regarding performance management, improvement, harassment, discrimination, misconduct, employee safety, teamwork etc.
• Work collaboratively with HR support teams to ensure the effective development of transparent, meaningful and accessible leadership training, tools and resources to enable and support employee careers. Effectively partner with team members and stakeholders to achieve success in attracting, developing, and training top talent.
• Ensure compliance of all employment/labor laws through programs, practices, policies, investigations, training, and actions. Maintain current and complete understanding of Federal and State employment laws such as (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, sexual harassment, and NLRA). Protect company’s interests by ensuring all legal requirements are met and complied with through proactive practices, investigations and actions. Interpret and administer policies fairly and, consistently within legal boundaries.
• Proactively identify and recommend areas of improvement (e.g., ensures acceptable levels of employee turnover, Employee Satisfaction Survey results are delivered and actionable, clarification of processes and developing procedures as needed, assures programs are in place to motivate and retain employees, etc.); translates workforce data into meaningful plans for leadership to act upon.