Job Description Summary
The Specialized Recruiter focuses on niche and non-standard roles for an assigned area (e.g. Information Technology, Finance, Data & Innovation, or other identified group). Uses acquired expertise in specialized field/functional area to evaluate candidate skillsets and match to the needs of the businessJob Description
Build, adapt, and execute diverse recruiting plans for assigned technical channel; may participate in enterprise innovation initatives.
Drive a full life cycle “outcome based” recruiting process by coaching and assisting managers through all aspects of the recruiting cycle including building strong recruitment profiles, writing branded job descriptions, sourcing, screening and presenting candidates to hiring managers, managing the selection and feedback process, negotiating the offer, and supporting the onboarding process
Collaborate as trusted industry talent advisor to our hiring teams, understanding real job needs at the technical and results level, providing market availability/demand information, as well as knowledge of our talent competitors and feeder pipelines
- Partner with leaders to forecast recruiting demand needs and activate pipeline sourcing strategy with talent, industry, and associations.
- Provide an efficient and high-touch experience for every candidate, from cold call to offer.
- Possess a mastery of leveraging various recruiting technologies (CRM, ATS, Boolean, LinkedIn and other social media tools) to market and find the best active and passive candidates.
- Support the passion for inclusion and diversity throughout the recruiting process to enhance the organization’s workplace culture that embraces individual perspectives.
- Participate in talent management projects to improve the team’s ability to provide a competitive differentiator for Transamerica.
- Build strong, productive relationships to serve as a talent consultant.
- May mentor team members.
- May participate in enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or field related to the appointed specialty area, or equivalent experience
- Three years of recruiting experience, including time in the appointed specialty area
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility
- Thorough understanding of applicant tracking systems (ATS), customer relationship management (CRM) tools, Boolean search strings, and social media outlets to find active and passive candidates
- Excellent communication skills for extensive interaction with internal/external audiences, including executive leadership
- Interpersonal skills to build strong, productive relationships with business groups, candidates, and other stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology (for assignment with IT group)
- Office environment
- Occasional travel