Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Leading a team to bring our campaigns to the people we want to serve. Across different digital platforms, creating community and through paid media. It's a blend of strategy and creative, awesome execution and rigorous measurement. The leader in this role will manage high-performing marketing specialists to develop scalable, predictable programs including organic and paid search as well as channels such as display, social, video advertising and content syndication. As a data-driven performance marketer, the ideal candidate will collaborate with key stakeholders across demand generation teams to develop new strategies, launch integrated campaigns, drive continuous optimization, and attain monthly, quarterly, and annual program KPIs.
The Sr. Director of Marketing will lead our products and solutions to market including being responsible for company and product messaging, positioning and packaging. This role will help contribute with thought leadership content and help the company bring a unique perspective to the market that is differentiated from our competition. Objectives will be tied to product adoption and growth, pipeline influence, content creation and sales enablement.
The Sr. Director of Marketing will play a critical role developing the go-to-market strategy for the business, including amassing competitive intelligence, developing solution-specific strategies and building integrated execution plans by vertical. The Marketing Director is a critical cross-functional role, serving as a strategic driver and partner to the product, sales and marketing teams, responsible for the overarching strategy to meet the business objectives of Experian Marketing Services.
The candidate must have a commanding understanding of marketing, advertising and marketing technology landscapes, with direct experience in product marketing, strategy, strategic business development or strategic sales. Comprehension of marketing analytics specifically lead generation and attribution.
This individual will contribute to winning strategies that deliver against the product-specific business goals. Other major responsibilities include assisting in the development of the portfolio of market positioning and messaging, creating sales tools and marketing plans, and acting as a subject matter expert for thought leadership efforts, events, RFP responses and sales pitches. S/he must advocate for the voice of the customer, building a holistic market and competitive picture.
S/he will play a lead role maintaining competitive intelligence as the marketplace evolves and changes. By staying abreast of the market and competition, this person will arm our sales force with the insight and ideas that make them trusted partners of our clients.
The Sr. Marketing Director will report to the VP of Product and Marketing
• Coordinate and execute well-performing, well-coordinated product launches of new and existing products with Product Managers.
• Develop channel, segment and market strategies to enable targeted marketing, storytelling, messaging, pitch decks, collateral material and competitive positioning.
• Provide communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communication objectives.
• Continue to strengthen the brand’s unique and compelling image, personality and voice to build relevance and equity among target consumer audiences, and maintain and improve the reputation of the company and its stakeholders.
• Develop and mobilize the execution of the team to deliver high ROI marketing programs with speed and efficiency.
• Develop and implement regular and effective communications of event strategies and other key information; deliver thoughtful presentations of event recommendations to internal stakeholders; drive feedback/ post-mortem discussions to enhance future events.
• Work cross-functionally with key internal stakeholders to make sure all marketing promotions can be and are delivered with a high level of quality exceeding customer expectations.
• Ability to work within a limited budget and ability to pivot quickly; Ability to think critically and solve complex problems.
• Research, develop, review, and edit internal communication materials on behalf of Executive leaders.
• Create success metrics and use fact-based methods in order to evaluate and improve both internal and external communications and culture (ex. lead generation, pipeline generation, influence performance).
• Track, analyze, report and develop competitive strategies against our key competition in Marketing Solutions
• Work closely with the respective functions in marketing (Partnerships, Content Strategy, Media, Events, Design Studio) to execute on GTM strategies and report/synthesize results against KPI’s
• Can quickly gain a strong understanding of the market we are seeking to penetrate and develop strategies to help position us for growth.
• Able to present Experian’s Marketing Services story clearly and well both through written and verbal communication skills.
• Develop, implement and optimize marketing strategy best practices across all digital marketing programs, including: SEM, SEO, display, mobile, video, and social, with a focus on driving new customer acquisition, engagement, and inside sales conversions.
• Experience with advertising platforms including DMP, DSP, Google, Bing, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Programmatic platforms, Quora, Outbrain and Taboola
• Manage an internal team, external agencies, and collaborate with key stakeholders in sales, product, PR, and Integrated Campaigns on annual and quarterly planning.
• 12+ years’ experience in marketing and product marketing, strategy or related, ideally within B2B, preferably in marketing services, marketing analytics and marketing technology
• Strategy development skillset, messaging and positioning experience in dynamic, high-growth as well as mature markets.
• Excellent organization and project management skills; ability to indirectly manage cross-functional roles
• Proven experience in "roll-up the sleeves" execution of product planning and execution details
• Ability to adjust to frequently changing priorities and fast-paced environments and drive team towards results
• Excellent written and communication skills cross organization
• Education: Four-year accredited college degree required. MBA preferred.
• Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.
EOE including Disability/Veterans