The bi-lingual Counselor/Social Worker/Case Manager in the Schools has the unique opportunity to work with clients in both the school and home settings. The ideal Provider will have a genuine passion to work with a diverse clientele of children, adolescents, and their families. Program expansion has offered us an opportunity to add more staff. If you want a job where you will make a positive impact on a developing child’s life for a better future, then please keep reading. This position requires a bilingual (English/Spanish) candidate to support our clients.
Based in a school, this highly visible role works independently to develop relationships with clients, families, school officials and other interested parties with meeting the students’ mental and behavioral health needs. This role will also provide individual, group and family sessions as needed while also acting as a strong advocate for clients and will make recommendations for clinical and support services needed. There is also a $2,000 sign on bonus for this role.Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide mental health services to children and adolescents in Lake County school systems.
- Consult with parents, gatekeepers, teachers, law enforcement, and others in the community
- Provide group and individual services in the schools
- Conduct home visits
- Provide links between parents and community resources
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Evenings as dictated by client and district needs
- Home visits as dictated by client and district needs
- 1+ years of experience with children/adolescents mental health assistance
- Bachelor’s degree required in Social Work or other closely related Human Services field of study required.
- LSW or LPC licensure required for counselor or social worker. Case manager must be willing to obtain QMHS in lieu of licensure within 30 days of hire.
- Demonstrated fluency in communicating in English/Spanish verbally as well as in written form
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with children and adolescents
- Excellent communication skills - particularly verbal and written communication
- Reliable transportation.
- Must have valid driver's license (4 points or less) and carry minimum auto liability insurance of $100,000/$300,000 and property damage of $50,000