Digital Development Director LOCATION
This position reports into IYF’s headquarters in Baltimore, MD. However, remote locations for this position will be considered. SUPERVISOR
Director, Assets, Strategy and Knowledge (ASK) ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org
. PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Digital Development Director is a critical new position to support the achievement of IYF’s strategic goals by leveraging an ecosystem of digital solutions to support the agency and its partners connect young people with opportunities to transform their lives. This senior leader will lead digital innovation for the organization, ensuring that current and future digital technologies are appropriately integrated into IYF’s technical and programming approaches, enabling the organization’s programs to impact more young people more effectively. They will actively engage in sector communities of practice, lead IYF’s external engagement with key stakeholders in the ICT4D and broader digital spaces, and liaise with Program and Business Development (BD) staff in IYF’s US and country offices to ensure that sector best and emerging practices are both incorporated into and influenced by IYF’s work. This senior position sits in the Assets, Strategy, and Knowledge (ASK) unit, which serves as the technical hub of IYF and supports robust program design, implementation, knowledge sharing, and thought leadership. Are you someone who thrives on creating the road map and then seeing it through? This job may be for you. CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategy: Define and lead IYF’s digital direction to achieve IYF’s strategic objectives and expand impact. Develop procedures and operational guidance for digital inclusion and management.
- Product Development: Lead digital innovation within IYF’s programs and technical approaches to reach a wider range of young people, identify and evaluate digital solutions, including identifying opportunities for digital pilots and scaling of promising results. Develop a replicable framework for effective testing that can be rolled out to project teams for implementation. Provide technical leadership and oversight of digital solutions, products, and programs, working closely with Digital Solution Owners.
- Business Development: Lead and support BD for public, corporate, and foundation donors by building IYF’s competitive knowledge base, participating in the development of proposals and concept notes by providing technical inputs or reviews, and representing IYF’s digital expertise to potential funders. Build and foster relationships with donors, technology partners, and peer organizations.
- Quality Assurance: Continuously strengthen IYF’s strategic approaches and tools and ensure that they are informed by, as well as inform, emerging and future digital technologies and backed by the latest evidence, research, and industry best practices.
- Capacity Building: Develop the capacity of IYF staff and teams to appropriately identify and deliver digital solutions, including through the facilitation of a matrixed Digital Advisory Group within the organization.
- Technical Assistance: Work closely with project teams as a subject matter expert and ensure quality program delivery by identifying digital needs and providing direct technical assistance, including but not limited to developing a theory of change for digital interventions, to IYF projects.
- Measurement, Evaluation, Research & Learning: Define and track key performance indicators and milestones for digital initiatives. Adapt digital solutions and strategic approaches based on learning and key results.
- Knowledge Management: In partnership with IYF’s Knowledge Management function and other unit leaders, build and promote the aggregation and transfer of knowledge across internal and external communities of practice. Collaborate with IYF Baltimore and Country Office staff to generate, share, and apply project learning and best practices.
- External Thought Leadership: Cultivate and maintain strong relationships in the ICT4D and youth sectors and lead IYF’s external engagement strategy, including representing IYF in relevant events, conferences, and communities of practice.
- Other: Conduct other duties as assigned.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a key role in digital transformation, digital development, or ICT4D. Four plus years in a mission-driven international development organization with international work experience preferred. Experience in EdTech/ Edu/Tech a plus.
- Deep and broad knowledge of secure digital technology and secure digitally-enabled business solutions. Exceptional skills in designing secure digital products and approaches, considering gender and social inclusion, in the international development context.
- Understanding of commonly used, standard ICT4D frameworks and data protocols in international development including ITIL, COBIT and GDPR.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative digital strategies for international development and to promote those innovations for broader organizational and sector uptake.
- Demonstrated understanding of secure digital connectivity and infrastructure in a global context, understanding of technology dependencies with platforms and digital solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding and expertise of sector trends, best practices and evidence, such as eLearning content development and delivery, and findings from the latest research.
- Experience with User Experience (UX) or Human Centered Design (HCD) and support.
- Remote and in-person training experience especially for multi-language and multi-cultural groups.
- Experience managing global, outsourced technology vendors including contract negotiation.
- Exceptional leadership, management, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to work across a global, matrixed organization.
- A collegial management style that emphasizes both achieving results and working in a highly skilled, multi-cultural, and cross-functional team of professional colleagues.
- Ability to assume responsibility, make sound judgments, mentor diverse staff and teams, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional oral and written English communication skills and ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, including youth-led and youth-serving organizations, technology partners, donors, and non-specialized audiences. Knowledge of a second language, especially French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Arabic preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Experience developing successful proposals and concept notes to bring digital solutions from ideation to testing to implementation through a variety of funding partners.
- Experience using and knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
Please apply for this position via the following link online: https://fidelityworksjobs.fidelity.com/fbmhrWebApp/la/EN38008825?mpath=TRBJO_PUBLIC
, along with your Cover Letter and Resume. IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues, and we welcome applications