Department: OperationsTitle: Building Mechanic (Local 241)FSLA Status: Non-ExemptSupervisor: Senior Director, OperationsThe Jewish Museum:
Founded in 1904 and located on New York City’s Museum Mile, the Jewish Museum is dedicated to the enjoyment, understanding, and preservation of the artistic and cultural heritage of the Jewish people. The Museum maintains a unique collection of nearly 30,000 works of art, ceremonial objects, and media reflecting the global Jewish experience over more than 4,000 years. The Museum applies a contemporary lens to its exhibitions, which range from ancient to contemporary art. The Position:
The Jewish Museum seeks an experienced building mechanic to provide critical facility support by maintaining, troubleshooting, and servicing all aspects of the building mechanical systems. Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor, maintain and repair all HVAC equipment to ensure adequate levels of temperature and humidity throughout museum.
- Perform necessary adjustments either manually or via BAS to maintain desired climatic conditions.
- Inspect all life safety systems as mandated by code.
- Perform daily inspections of lighting systems throughout museum and Townhouse and replace bulbs as necessary maintaining specified levels of light.
- Prepare lighting equipment for new exhibitions, work with lighting designer installing lighting fixtures.
- Respond to all building related malfunctions, call service contractor if unable to correct problem.
- Install and repair door locks and associated door hardware as instructed.
- Perform electrical installations and repairs including wiring for communications systems.
- Maintain and repair plumbing systems. Install new fixtures and/or equipment as necessary.
- Order parts and supplies as necessary to keep plant in good working order.
- Generate Trend Reports and issue TOD commands via BMS for special events.
- Clean and maintain all mechanical rooms, paint when necessary.
- Respond and participate in all Fire drills in conjunction with the Security staff.
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:Associate Director, Human ResourcesThe Jewish Museum1109 Fifth AvenueNew York, NY 10128Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgFax: 212.423.3232 The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and encourages applications from diverse candidates.
- Environmental Control Technology Diploma.
- NYC Fire Department Refrigeration License, Q-01 or Q-99
- NYC Fire Department Certificate of Fitness: S 95, P 98, P 99.
- Knowledge of Building Automation Systems.
- Ability to read Blue Prints.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as Building Mechanic/Engineer with emphasis in HVAC.
- Computer literate.