McDaniel College invites applications for a Director of Human Resources. Salary for this full-time, 12-month position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Administration, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and managing a comprehensive human resource program. Specifically, the Director is responsible for:
- Executing staff-related employment actions
- Providing leadership to campus on matters of diversity, equity, and inclusion related to faculty and staff
- Overseeing the administration of the group benefits program including self-funded health, dental, and vision benefits plans, life insurance, long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, employee assistance program, tuition remission, and CIGNA voluntary plans
- Overseeing all employment records
- Overseeing the administration of the retirement plan
- Administering the compensation program for staff
- Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required in related field or equivalent years of experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five or more years of progressive experience required, with at least two years of related supervisory experience.
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
- Ability to interpret and apply concepts related to benefits, employment, and labor law
- Accurate, detail oriented, quantitative skills including the ability to compile statistics and prepare correspondence and reports of a technical nature.
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize duties and work independently.
- Intermediate computer skills (HRIS, report writing, MS Office)
- Ability to deal with difficult people, while maintaining decorum
- Must be able to anticipate and plan for cyclical activities.
- Ability to accurately assess and handle phone calls, visitor requests, etc., with discretion and a positive attitude
- Discretion and reliability in sensitive and confidential matters
For a complete job description, qualifications and to apply, visit the college’s employment webpage. Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Review of applications begins immediately.
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status.