The Atlantic has, for more than 160 years, advanced ideas that matter and sparked global conversation on the most important issues of our time. We aim to bring clarity and original thinking to questions of consequence, on topics ranging from politics, the economy, and global affairs to technology, science, and culture. As the third-longest-running magazine in America, we find ourselves at a remarkable moment: one of both continuation and transformation, of upholding our legacy while continuously reinventing ourselves for the future.
The Atlantic is looking for a marketer and customer advocate to join the growth team as Senior Manager, Customer Retention. This new position is responsible for building the experiences and strategies that will create deep and lasting relationships with our customers; increase lifetime value; and employ data and insights for improved retention. Candidates should be passionate about journalism, and experience collaborating cross-functionally, with teams including growth, data science, product, engineering, and editorial, is a plus. The role will report to our Senior Director of Customer Acquisition and Retention.
- Create, implement, and constantly improve a retention strategy that leverages product features, messaging, and content
- Develop and expand onboarding campaigns for new customers that help build habit
- Collaborate with data science on building churn models and translating findings into actionable tactics
- Coordinate a/b and multivariate tests, from short-term behavioral interventions to long-term customer value
- Partner with the customer-care team to regularly integrate feedback into strategy, product development, and communication
- Manage relationships with technology platforms for customer engagement that sit within the larger marketing technology stack
Atlantic Media, Inc. and its affiliates ("Atlantic Media") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Passionate about the future of high-quality, independent journalism
- A background in consumer marketing and consumer businesses, preferably with a focus on multi-channel outreach
- Skilled communicator and adept collaborator
- Ability to parse complex data, audience insights, and financials
- Cross-disciplinary expert capable of holding discussions with marketing, editorial, product, and operations
- Outstanding organizational skills