The Regional Advocacy & Development Manager (Southeast) is primarily responsible for managing state teams to authorize, expand access, protect, and improve medical aid in dying and the full range of end-of-life options. This position is responsible for providing campaign management in collaboration with the Field Director consistent with Compassion & Choices’ mission. This position is responsible for effectively building the capacity of local groups, run state campaigns, ensure access, and cultivate development opportunities. This position is based in Florida.
Core job duties include:
- Develop the strategy, program plan and evaluation plan for building and implementing a model for advancing end-of-life choice in a specified region (Florida) that generates the revenue to sustain and promote long-term growth of the program and organization.
- Collaborate with the program team to effectively leverage the tools and expertise of the Compassion & Choices staff to build the capacity of local leaders to advance end-of-life options in a specified region.
- Advise states on legislative campaigns and ballot strategies, along with the Field Director and Chief Advocacy Officer, according to an annual implementation plan in targeted geographic areas.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Compassion & Choices Chief Development Officer on the acquisition, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors — taking responsibility for fully integrating development and program activities in a specified region, reaching out to new and previous donors.
- Coordinate the entire range of campaign activities including strategic campaign planning in assigned priority states. Provide direct supervision and day-to-day activities, as agreed upon with the Field Director.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years of professional work experience and be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of local, state and federal government activities and structures; the ability to assess the local and state governments as they relate to policy/advocacy issues and activities.
- Demonstrate understanding in advocacy/public policy, community organization/mobilization, media/communications, and grassroots advocacy tactic development and implementation.
- Experience working on a political or issue campaign strongly preferred.
Full job description available here
Email current resume and cover letter as one PDF document to HR@CompassionAndChoices.org. In the subject line of your email, indicate “Last_First Name, RADM 9-2020”. In your cover letter, please (1) indicate how your personal philosophy aligns with our mission, (2) provide a brief summary of your directly related experience, and (3) provide your salary expectation (with a specific amount/range vs ‘negotiable’).
About Compassion & Choices
Across the nation, Compassion & Choices works to create a society that affirms life and accepts the inevitability of death, embraces expanded options for compassionate dying, and empowers everyone to choose end-of-life care that reflects their values, priorities and beliefs. To make this vision a reality, we improve care, expand options and empower everyone to chart their end-of-life journey.