Wespath Benefits and Investments, recognized as a 2017-2020 Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and a 2018-2020 National Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®, has an opportunity for a Participant Solutions Specialist - Level 1 in our Customer Service department.
Wespath offers a Monday-Friday, first shift work schedule, competitive compensation with a starting wage in the low to mid $40Ks depending on past experience, full benefits and a Dress-for-Your-Day dress code. We are currently working virtually. Any applicant should be willing and able to work from our Glenview office in the future when we return to the office.
Effective Participant Solutions Specialists develop and maintain a working knowledge of the organization’s retirement plans, welfare plans, and potentially, health programs. As a specialist you’ll meet customer expectations by answering all incoming inquiries via phone or email and processing related tasks in a manner that meets service level targets. The position generally works under close supervision and has limited decision making responsibilities.
More specifically, the Participant Solutions Specialist will have the opportunity to:
- Drive customer satisfaction by answering incoming inquiries via phone or email and processing tasks in a manner that meets or exceeds service level targets.
- Process basic participant and plan sponsor requests (e.g. forms processing, application for benefits requests).
- Accurately interpret and update participant indicative data and account information.
- Meet individual performance measures for key metrics such as schedule adherence and task processing.
- Consistently provide quality customer service and support by meeting, or exceeding, the day-to-day requirements and expectations of this position which includes, but is not limited to, accuracy, productivity, timeliness, and adhering to all department standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge and familiarity with internal documentation.
- Handle less complex calls by greeting the caller, securing the call, and identifying caller need(s).
- Document and close calls and create workflow/case management follow-up as needed.
- Understand participant needs and troubleshoots for resolution by using the appropriate support tools and escalates/refers calls as appropriate.
- Complete tasks for basic/less complex participant/plan sponsor requests by reviewing workflow/case management documentation.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of customer service experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and the ability to navigate between multiple applications.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Able to perform basic math functions and possesses analytical skills to interpret data and resolve problems.
- Ability to learn and understand complex plan designs and administration systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Work experience in the employee benefits or financial service industries.
- Knowledge of Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit, 401(k) or 403(b) Pension Plans.
- Knowledge of Welfare Plans.