Chase passion. Pursue wellness. Be the best part of our customers’ day. These are some of the core values we hold at Widen, and why we’ve repeatedly been voted one of Madison's Best Places to Work since 2015.
Established in 1948, we build high-performing software that empowers organizations to create impactful, meaningful, and measurable brand experiences. Embracing innovation and change, we’ve evolved from a small engraving business to a global software company by putting our customers at the forefront of all we do. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, and London, UK, Widen is a family-owned business with over 70 years of growth driven by unparalleled service and fueled by a community of 660+ customers. Let's flourish, together.
The Software Support Specialist provides customer support for our software services division. This position will work closely with technical support, integration managers, customer success managers, and software developers to understand the product and current issues surrounding the customer service of our applications.Responsibilities
- Handle daily customer support triage, through email, live chat, and phone to support web-based products and services
- Interact with customers and troubleshoot problems to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
- Assist customers with best practices for Widen products, product updates, configurations, and training
- Communicate technical issues and solutions with customers in non-technical terms while maintaining empathy, courteousness, and professionalism
- Document, track, and monitor issues to ensure a timely resolution for the customer
- Interact with other members of all Widen teams to effectively handle internal questions and issues to be resolved
- Make recommendations and improvements to internal support documentation
- Make recommendations regarding online knowledge base articles
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) of Widen and customer information held, in any form
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and soft skills
- A genuine interest in helping users solve their problems
- Working knowledge and understanding of Mac and Windows operating systems, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer browsers
- Associate's degree or related experience
- At least two years of customer service experience
- Related experience in software application support
Widen offers an extensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) with company match; and PTO. Besides the competitive compensation and benefits package, Widen believes in a flexible work schedule, community involvement, parental leave, life-work balance, and the benefit of wellness, both mental and physical. Employee perks include onsite workout equipment, locker rooms, puppy visits, chair massages, and last but not least, craft coffee and beer from local vendors.
In light of the pandemic, the office is currently open at reduced capacity with safety measures in place, and teams have the option to work remotely. Access to the office and other amenities are available to keep teams safe, healthy, and connected in the interim.
Visit www.widen.com to watch customer video interviews, learn more about the product offering, and understand our history of marketing technology innovation.Hours for this position are 11am-7pm CT with a 20 min break or hours are 10am-7pm CT with an hour break. This position can be remotely located anywhere in the US. The hours remain the same regardless of timezone.