Take the next step in your career with Greater Chicago Food Depository by joining a team committed to ending hunger in our community. Every day, we distribute food through our network of partner agencies and programs, including mobile distributions and responses for children, older adults and veterans.
We are, currently, seeking a Director of Human Resources Operations. In this role, you will:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Leverage business partnering skills to build systems to attract, onboard, manage, and retain talent from entry-level to key management positions, primarily in the area of Operations/Transportation.
- Partner with management and leadership teams to developm strategies focused on driving best practices in human resources that are aligned with the organization’s mission and core values.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner, providing solutions to organizational and departmental concerns, while driving employee engagement, and positively impacting the organization’s culture of change management and racial equity.
- Lead recruiting efforts for all of Operations/Transportation, including CDL and non-CDL delivery drivers, warehouse staff, facilities workers, and employees involved in food safety, procurement and inventory management
- Take primary repsonsiblity for oversight and compliance of safety practices, training, and OSHA reporting
- Coach Operations/Transportation leadership on employee relations to achieve problem resolution without litigation; conduct investigations involving employee complaints and disputes and prepare documentation of issues; resolve most issues but involves HR Leadership in achieving resolution of complex employee relations issues.
- Serve as the Human Resources partner for specific departmental functions ensuring the effective implementation of HR processes and programs, resolution of employee relations issues and delivery of HR solutions.
- Conduct orientation sessions for new hires to ensure retention and understanding of company’s mission and culture. Follow up with new hires to ensure adequate and appropriate training opportunities, and work with managers and other Directors to chart a career path.
- Lead compensation analysis for all Operations/Transportation roles, ensuring competitive wages and maximizing talent attraction and retention.
- Conduct talent calibration efforts for the Operations/Transportation departments to identify both high-potential talent and opportunity gaps.
- Take lead role in building and supporting an inclusive and accountable internal culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion in Operations/Transportation
- Partner with leaders to support hiring efforts, to identify recruitment strategies, as well as ensure diverse candidate slates and top quality candidate selection.
- Develop retention strategies for the organization to ensure the attraction of diverse, high performance.
- Partner with Operations leadership in the facilitation of people planning involving the development and coaching of Operations/Transportation management; evaluate internal candidates for vacant/new positions and identify high potential associates.
- BA in HR Management or Business required.
- Minimum of ten years HR Generalist experience in employee relations, training and development, recruiting, and people management preferably in a non-profit, manufacturing or warehouse/distribution operations environment.
- DOT and OSHA experience required.
- Familiarity with developing racial equity learning content and managing racial equity change initiatives
- Experience in HR strategy and planning, and a track record of designing and implementing change management efforts
- Knowledge of employment law and regulations, including management of FMLA and Worker’s Compensation
- Hands-on experience addressing an organization’s capabilities, ability to work remotely and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence others and to deal tactfully and confidently.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with a strong bias for action and keen sense of urgency.
- Must have strong team and relationship building skills.
- Must be highly adaptable and experienced in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills are a must.
- Demonstrated usage of change management and organizational development and design techniques.
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to John Kokkines at email@example.com for review.