Under minimal supervision, responsible for planning, organizing, directing and/or controlling all aspects pertaining to administrative functions of the University of Utah School of Dentistry’s mobile outreach program. This includes internal and external customer service, staff management and financial management operations pertaining to areas including (but not limited to) data/records maintenance, supply management, transcribing/dictation, word processing, telecommunications, office equipment maintenance, and office support. Assumes responsibility of mobile outreach service and scheduling treatment at those locations and oversees all budgets and safety protocols. Responsibilities include necessary reporting to grant entities funding for this initiative.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN24772B - 01478 - SOD - EDUCATION
COMPENSATION: $50,000 to $60,000
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Forecasts, develops and implements policies and procedures in the areas of customer service, staff management and budgetary goals and objectives that are consistent with University of Utah’s policies.
2. Markets and promotes new and existing programs and services to internal and external customers.
3. Participates in University-wide committees to establish customer service standards and administrative plans and policies.
4. Facilitates cooperative and collaborative community and institutional relationships.
5. Ensures customer satisfaction by analyzing complaints, concerns and suggestions and providing appropriate follow-through.
6. Develops departmental strategies consistent with the assigned department’s continuous quality improvement program.
7. Ensures competency of staff through the development and/or presentation of educational programs and through on going staff performance evaluations.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of life span growth and development and the ability to assess data regarding the patient’s status and provide care as described in the department’s policies and procedures manual.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). Four years of progressively more responsible management experience. Background knowledge of hiring department’s area of specialization in order to analyze, plan and draw conclusions for recommendations to superiors. Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department. Completion of provided supervisory training within one year of employment may be required.
Master’s degree in a related area may be preferred.
This position is patient-sensitive and must fulfill all associated requirements. We protect our patients, coworkers, and community by requiring all patient-sensitive employees to be immunized according to CDC standards and hospital policy. Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
TO APPLY, VISIT: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/109540
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.