Happylucky is a creative agency with soul, fluent in work that shifts hearts, minds and culture. Our clientele may be global, but our vibe and roots are local.
At Happylucky we sweat, swear and laugh. Our work is multi-disciplinary including, but not limited to, brand strategy, advertising campaigns, retail engagement/installation, digital/social media, product launches, activations/events as well as video content.
Happylucky is looking for a Project Manager (PM) who will be responsible for the success of projects, through timely delivery, budget adherence, upholding creative goals, and client satisfaction and confidence. This is a client-facing role. The PM is the hub of a project, working with various internal teams and outside vendors. They are responsible for working with the Account Team to translate client goals and objectives into strategic, long-term plans. The job may involve travel and reports to the department Director.
You must thrive on creative energy and work well in a fast-paced environment with team members across various locations and time zones.
You are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, bringing your rich knowledge of project management to work hands-on on several projects at a time.
- Perform administrative duties within Happylucky project management systems.
- Coordinate client and internal meetings, including scheduling, agendas and recaps.
- Manage project timelines by building workback schedules and routing them to the client. As approvals or due dates change or are missed by the client, update the timeline to keep the client aware of the revised dates.
- Generate client-facing project cost estimates, as well as internal labor breakdowns. Route the documentation through Project Team Director.
- When briefing the Project team, give a range of hours for the team’s initial rounds and subsequent revisions.
- Manage all contact with project vendors, or work with the internal producer to manage the vendors.
- Track vendor and contractor costs. Obtain estimates from vendors, and make sure their costs are within the estimate. Keep the Project Team Director aware of job costs if they exceed the project estimate.
- Run project actuals on a weekly basis, including vendor costs and expenses, and flag any issues to the Project Team.
- If the project scope changes, work with ACD and Account Manager on change order documentation. Have the client approve the change order prior to work continuing.
- Plan ahead for Production Design resources, and work with other PMs to share/plan for building mechanical files and deliverables.
- Maintain client feedback, and route it appropriately to the internal team. Secure client approval on all files before they’re released to prepress/print/delivery.
- Work with the Operations Director on payment details, including purchase orders, billing schedule and invoicing verification.
- Ensure the highest level of quality control is maintained, including proofreading and review of deliverables before routing them back to the client.
- Manage the life cycle of each project at every stage and advise if there are any problems in workflow or work style.
- Maintain day-to-day contact with the Creative Director (CD) and/or Designer(s) on deadlines and next steps.
- Maintain day-to-day contact with the client on deadlines, assets needed for the job, project costs, deliverables and expectations.
- Lead with confidence and excitement.
- Execute Happylucky standards of customer service to the highest level.
- Proactively obtain and communicate project status and next steps (ownership over the project).
- Get the team to go the extra mile. People want to do it for you.
- Ensure all internal documentation, feedback and assets from clients and/or internal parties live in the job folder. Be responsible for maintaining job folders for your projects.
- Create and update Happylucky internal documentation, including the job tracking list, the hit list, component lists and briefs.
- Understand how to get things done, in terms of process and people.
- Be seen as the hub of communication and the go-to person for the information.
- 4-6 years of digital or traditional agency experience
- Solid knowledge of the project management process: you know how to give positive and constructive feedback and collaborate to produce best in class work
- Client presentation skills and client-facing experience are a must
- Periodic travel may be required, along with occasional weekend or evening work
- Living/working in Los Angeles or Portland, OR is a plus
- You know how to use a computer
- A sense of humor!
Benefits package with 401(k) and profit sharing
Medical, dental and vision healthcare
Workplace flexibility + Work/Life balance
Yearly personal training and development funds
Employer-Paid Short-term Disability Insurance
Employer-Paid Life Insurance
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Assistance Program
11 paid holidays
Unlimited personal time off
Relocation fees/expenses are not included in compensation package
Happylucky is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity employer where we are committed to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive workspace regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We’re proud to create an environment that celebrates and embraces individuals that reflect the diversity of the world we live in.