The18 Dual Language Futbol Writer Job Description
The18 is a fast-growing digital soccer media company. We aim to be the most engaging, shareable, soccer media brand in the world. We are a brand driven by passion for sport, accountability in actions and outcomes, community, and excellence in everything we do. This is an opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced and entrepreneurial venture, with a passionate, positive team working together to achieve big things.
We are looking for talented writers to join our team. The ideal candidate has up to five years of experience and is someone who understands the digital media landscape and how to put together highly engaging stories that spread across social media. In short, we’re looking for someone who can write stories of all kinds – short form, long form and everything in between – that live up to our promise to deliver the world’s most engaging and shareable soccer content.
First and foremost, we are seeking great writers and storytellers. Whether you have years of experience in sports journalism or none, we’re looking for authentic voices that capture the imagination of our audience. At least half of the writing will be for our LatinX product “The18 Futbol.” Thus, the candidate must be equally adept at writing in English and Spanish. We want a writer with personality, who is also detail oriented and knows how to back up opinion with careful fact checking, analysis and the cultivation of credible sources. Passion for soccer is a must. We are a company that is by soccer fans for soccer fans, and whether you are a current or former player, a fan, or something in between, you must be able to write about the beautiful game with authority.Qualifications
We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded, positive and hard-working person who will thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
To apply, please submit the following 3 items:
- Up to 5 years of professional writing experience
- The ability to create highly engaging digital media content in both English and Spanish
- Passion for soccer and broad knowledge of the game
- The ability to identify and develop an entertaining story - not just telling us what happened, but instead telling us why it matters
- Great attention to detail– the kind of person who checks to make sure every fact in a story is correct and every argument is sound
- An entrepreneurial mindset, approaching tasks flexibly and with creativity
- Strong knowledge of a multitude of social media platforms – both established and emerging
- Fluency in Spanish and in-depth knowledge of soccer in Mexico are required
Resumes without a cover letter and LinkedIn profile will not be reviewed. Please submit your application to email@example.com by February 8, 2021 to be considered.
- A cover letter
- A resume
- Link to Portfolio (ideally including editorial style examples)