Social Media Manager Job Description
The18 is a fast-growing digital soccer media company. We aim to be the most engaging, shareable, soccer media brand in the world. We are a brand driven by passion for sport, accountability in actions and outcomes, community, and excellence in everything we do. This is an opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced and entrepreneurial venture, with a passionate, positive team working together to achieve big things.
We are looking for a social media manager to join us in our Boulder office. We are seeking someone who can engage with and develop our growing social media audience and engagement over a variety of platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and more. This includes our core @the18soccer accounts, as well as our bilingual @the18futbol accounts. As such, we are seeking candidates fluent in both English and Spanish.
This hire will help lead the planning process, day-to-day management, and execution of strategy for The18 social platforms and marketing. This individual will need analytical and reporting skills, and work with our data science team to extract key decision metrics for ongoing optimization and audience growth over time.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Be the social platform specialist, leading the team in all new tools and capabilities across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and other emerging platforms.
- Find new ways to grow our audience on priority platforms, helping us achieve our aggressive milestones for followers and subscribers.
- Be responsible for community management – including engaging our audience on each platform, responding to requests, and creating dialogue.
- Maintain relationships with social media platform partners and find opportunities for us to expand onto new platforms.
- Deliver detailed reporting and measurement on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Help manage paid social campaigns on an ongoing basis.
- Work with the team to define an influencer engagement strategy and to manage a network of influencers across platforms over time
- Identify and source compelling content for The18’s platforms, reaching out to obtain permission to post from content owners.
- Translate social sentiment and engagement into strategic insights that help inform marketing and paid media decisions.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded, detail-oriented, positive and hard-working person who will thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
To apply, candidates must submit the following 3 items:
- Up to 4 years of social media platform management experience.
- Experience working with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, and other relevant platforms.
- Outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills—with evidence of effective storytelling.
- An ability to write engaging copy for social posts, customized based on platform specific considerations.
- Impeccable interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Confidence in meeting multiple deadlines and managing priorities and projects effectively.
- The availability to work outside the traditional work week, helping us maintain our social presence on weekends and stay relevant on key events.
- Be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Be a passionate soccer fan who is engaged with and follows the sport.
Resumes without a cover letter and LinkedIn profile will not be reviewed. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8, 2021 to be considered.
- Cover letter
- Examples of social post copy