Phoenix Art Museum is looking for a Staff Accountant
to conduct accounting and other related activities in support of the mission and strategic plan of the Museum. MAIN JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for carrying out tasks associated with Cash Management, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger, including but not limited to: record daily cash activities, reconcile bank accounts, process vendor payments and reimbursement requests, create billing invoices and record payments, reconcile and post payroll journal entries;
- Perform account reconciliations;
- Maintain and update schedules for fixed assets, leases, prepaid, deferrals, etc.;
- Carry out month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing procedures;
- Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements as well as ad hoc reports;
- Perform financial analysis as requested by management;
- Respond to inquiries by researching and interpreting data;
- Maintain and update accounting records;
- Assist in preparing audit schedules and working with auditors;
- Perform special projects for the Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant general ledger experience required.
- Non-profit accounting experience preferred.
- Payroll experience preferred.
- Audit experience preferred.
Skill and Ability to:
- GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles in the U.S.)
- General business laws and regulations
Submit cover letter, resume, and Salary requirements with job code HLPA-STAC to HR@phxart.org
- Attend to details.
- Follow through on tasks assigned.
- Prioritize and accomplish multiple projects concurrently.
- Communicate clearly and timely in a professional manner.
- Work effectively with a wide variety of Museum supporters, visitors, members, volunteers, and staff.
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Apply problem solving and analytical skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Grow professionally through continual learning.
** Incomplete submissions may not be considered ***
Job Status: full-time, exempt, regular