The Business Development and Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Transactional portfolio team to support the global practices and industry teams within the portfolio. The Coordinator is a central part of the team and is involved in a variety of projects including: entering and maintaining data in the Firm's experience management system; assisting in the creation and maintenance of business development and marketing collateral for the various practices and industry teams within the portfolio, including pitches and web materials; coordinating drafts of directory submissions and client references; coordinating activities to improve the profile of the practices involving outside organizations, such as sponsorships and other major events. S/He takes an active role in learning about these legal groups and developing the groups' and the firm's internal knowledge about its clients and business. The Business Development and Marketing Coordinator reports to the Senior Business Development and Marketing Manager and works closely with the other Business Development and Marketing Managers and Specialists in different offices to coordinate marketing efforts. It is essential that the Coordinator is a self-starter and works well in a team environment.Responsibilities
At the direction of the Senior Business Development and Marketing Manager:
- Helps to develop and implement systems to acquire and manage representative experience in the Firm's experience management system.
- Works with portfolio team members to prepare and coordinate year-in-review reports for use in various industry survey submissions, e.g., Chambers USA.
- Assists portfolio team members and/or lawyers in the preparation of client proposals and pitches, through formal RFP response processes as well as on an ad hoc basis.
- Works with portfolio team members and others to help maintain library of materials for pitches, proposals and RFP responses.
- Updates practice information on the Firm's website and intranet site, as well as coordinates occasional re-publication in external venues.
- Helps write and edit draft practice group descriptions, lawyer biographies and client presentations to further develop the Firm's business development opportunities.
- Helps conduct research on clients/prospective clients, industry research and occasional competitive intelligence to develop knowledge about our clients, their industries and legal needs.
- Assists with client feedback program.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university
- A minimum of two (2) years of business development and/or marketing related experience
- Demonstrated PC experience required: MS Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook
- Legal marketing and/or strategic planning, sales, market assessment or positioning in other professional services industry
- Experience with InterAction (or other CRM program)
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management and other databases
- Familiarity with S&P, CapitalIQ and other resources
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Apply Here