GROUP NINE is seeking a talented, hard-working, innovative, pixel-perfect Senior Designer to join Brandshop’s Art Department. The Senior Designer will be responsible for creating unique and compelling designs for a large range of projects, verticals, and brand initiatives. This person will work closely with other designers, art directors, and cross-functional teams to achieve design goals across all projects.
Working closely with the Senior Art Director, the Senior Designer will be an integral part of spearheading art direction for events, experiential, white label, social and digital media. We are looking for a highly creative individual that excels in visual storytelling for design, typography, branding and photography for various cross-channel campaigns. The Senior Designer must be passionate about designing for a wide range of advertising clients, and be good at balancing brand visuals with a goal to elevate the aesthetic. The ideal candidate for this position is someone with exquisite taste and vision, who can produce original, innovative, and unique solutions to creative challenges.
The right candidate is highly collaborative and has experience working with editorial, marketing, production, and sales teams. This person must be a natural problem-solver and bring the best creative ideas to the table.Core duties and responsibilitiesContent production:
- Create visually engaging, innovative, and functional designs for a variety of channels including, but not limited to web, social, experiential, events, branding and sales collateral
- Update and/or prep existing Adobe files for clients and export graphics for use on web, print, or in video
- Produce work that aligns with designated style guides for clients and internal teams
- Build branded Keynote and Google Slides decks, working off templates
- Develop new and creative ways for the executive and sales teams to pitch ideas to clients
- Keep working files organized and follow best practices for file prepping/delivery
- Idea generation and teamwork:
- Attend weekly creative meetings and brainstorms
- Take design direction from lead designers and art directors to improve visual composition
- Contribute new ideas for design treatments, planning, and strategy with the team
- Expert in design trends and editorial layout
- Passion for photography and strong eye for composition
- Keep up with news, technology, and content in media landscape
- Interest in beauty, culture, fashion, and lifestyle
- Professional and collaborative communication style across teams
- REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of digital and print work. NOTE: Any candidates that do not provide a portfolio link will automatically be rejected
- 4-5 years of experience in Graphic Design
- Degree in Graphic Design or relevant experience
- Creative with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Passionate about design and committed to making beautiful work!
- Exceptional work ethic
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent typography/composition skills. Hand lettering and/or illustration skills are a plus!
- Strong time management skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Loves to collaborate and work with a large team
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, Keynote, Google Slides, (Pluses - Celtra, Ceros, After Effects)
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and adapt to changing digital landscape
Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed. Must be able to work remotely, with the flexibility to work on site in the future.