The Colorado Charter School Institute (CSI) is a statewide charter school authorizer whose mission is to foster high-quality public-school choices offered through charter schools, particularly schools that are focused on closing the achievement gap for at-risk students. Governed by a board of nine members appointed by the Governor and Commissioner of Education, CSI currently serves a diverse portfolio of 42 schools across the state of Colorado serving over 20,000 students. CSI is uniquely positioned to serve and promote charter school innovation in communities throughout Colorado and to be a leader in improvements in authorizer practices. CSI aspires to continue growing the quality and quantity of its portfolio of schools in Colorado in response to the need for high quality, innovative charter school options. Our organization is at an extraordinary point of opportunity and is poised to make additional systemic changes that will yield improvements within the portfolio’s overall student achievement.Visit our website to learn more Please note:
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. This position is non-classified and is not subject to appeal rights. Please see below for a complete position description: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ROLE-SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIESEssential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate all phases of Federal COVID relief funds.
- Process grants payments to CSI schools and external vendors.
- Review requests for funds submissions from CSI schools and the League to ensure completion, financial compliance, and budgetary alignment. Provide feedback to schools on request for funds Federal and State compliance requirements.
- Track assigned grants and work with other CSI staff in coordinating the workflow of these grants as needed, including securing required signatures.
- Communicate with the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) the Office of the Governor to ensure all Federal COVID relief grant funds are managed appropriately, and all related deadlines are met.
- Assist Grants Fiscal Manager with quarterly and end of year reporting data entry and audit requests.
- Coordinate budget submissions and revisions for Federal COVID relief grant funds
- Assist the Grants Fiscal Manager with grant application completion checks.
- Provide necessary documentation to the Office of the Governor and CDE and request funds through CORE in accordance with grant timelines and deadlines.
- Provide technical assistance and training to schools on the request for fund process and required quarterly and year-end financial reports.
- Assist with other grant related assignments as needed.
- Respond to audit verification requests and assist the Controller in completing other monthly reconciliations.
- In coordination with the Finance Department, provide technical assistance and validate financial data for state and federal reporting.
As an employee of the Colorado Charter School Institute (State of Colorado), you will have access to a variety of benefits to include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, flexible scheduling, a work-life balance culture, no-cost life and disability insurance (with additional paid options), Flex Spending and Health Savings Account options, professional development opportunities, wellness offerings, a performance based bonus and membership in Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA). CSI INCLUSION STATEMENT
As a statewide charter school authorizer, CSI recognizes that autonomy and diversity can drive innovation and improved outcomes, both in our schools and in our organization. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and strive to demonstrate this commitment in our recruitment efforts. We value the unique contributions that result from different perspectives and experiences as they make us stronger. CSI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, color, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:At a minimum, we are looking for the following:
Ideal candidates will have some, or all, of the following education, skills, and abilities:
- Associate Degree
- Grants fiscal management experience
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to follow-through on projects
- Flexible and able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- All final candidates must successfully pass a thorough criminal background check.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Accounts payable experience
- Experience with accounting software
- Experience in a school, school district, or government
- Experience working with public or charter schools in Colorado
The typical work location for this position is the CSI office in Downtown Denver, although due to the COVID-19 pandemic institute staff are currently working remotely. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment includes a standard office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. NOTE
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. CSI may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable. COVID PRECAUTIONS:
HOW TO APPLY:
- Remote interview process
- Mostly virtual meetings for the time being
- Social distancing guidelines in place (when in the office)
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place (at the physical office)
Does our organization and this role sound like a great fit for you? If so, please email your resume and cover letter to CSIEmployment@csi.state.co.us
. The cover letter should detail how your experience meets the minimum experience requirements listed in the above position announcement.