The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Office of Institutional Advancement is seeking candidates for a Project Manager position. The Project Manager (PM) serves as a liaison between partners across the University – in particular, those partners focused on student recruitment-- and the marketing and creative services team, and is responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered on message, on time, and on budget in a way that supports enrollment. The project manager will also be responsible for maintaining high standards of customer service and ensuring the success of the projects.
Please note that this is a full-time contractual staff position. The contract term will be for a one-year period, with the option to renew.
The project manager will be responsible for the following:
● Identify and document partner needs through a discovery process
● collect pertinent production information, and build and manage detailed project plans and monitor project timeline based on the standard marketing and creative services work processes
● Collaborate on creative or project brief development with members of the marketing and creative services teams
● Set and monitor production schedules for the projects in their portfolio
● Ensure that projects are moving along on time and on budget, bringing a sense of urgency to the work and ensuring that project participants have what they need to complete their parts of the work
● Proof-read all copy for accuracy, clarity, and University style
● Assist with digital marketing execution as necessary
● Coordinate photography and video scheduling
● Assist with digital marketing and writing/editing
● Work closely with the design and production staff, as well as with staff at a higher level and other peers
● Manage projects for such key strategic partners as the Vice President of Research, Graduate School, Center for Global Engagement, the Provost’s office, and others, including back-up assistance for Admissions and others that may arise.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented and highly organized project manager with strong written and verbal communication skills who brings a sense of urgency to their work.
A bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, communications, or a related field required.
1-2 years of prior project management or marketing coordination experience is preferred. Project management certification or experience with project management tools, methodologies, or software preferred. Proficiency in WordPress, Google Drive tools, PhotoShop, and Acrobat Pro preferred. Effective writing skills for web and other marketing channels preferred.
Upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
For best consideration submit application materials by May 2, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UMBC offers a benefits package for regular and grant-funded regular employees including generous leave, excellent health, life, and disability insurance, retirement plans, tuition remission, on-site preschool, and numerous professional development and wellness opportunities. Contingent II positions may include some benefits. Please note the Type and FLSA Status above to determine the benefits offered for this position.
UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As an institution that receives federal financial assistance, UMBC adheres to Title IX and does not discriminate on the basis of sex.