GPS Impact is hiring a full-time Media Planner and Buyer to join our growing Paid Media Team. This position can be remote (pending location approval) or based in one of our physical office locations of Des Moines, IA, Kansas City, MO, Philadelphia, PA or Washington, DC.
We are a full-service public affairs and multimedia advertising agency with broad experience helping progressive candidates, advocacy groups, and organizations use integrated, strategic communications and advertising to achieve their goals. GPS Impact is uniquely set up with digital expertise as well as television media production, general campaign consulting, communications experts, ad-buying, targeting, and creative all in-house.
GPS Impact believes diversity is a source of strength. We aspire to be a company that welcomes each of our employees’ unique characteristics, perspectives, identities, and lived experiences. We aim for a work environment of inclusion where individuals can contribute fully and feel valued, engaged and supported to reach their full potential. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand, differentiate among, and be able to place various types of ads across a variety of platforms
- Effectively and efficiently monitor multiple advertising campaigns simultaneously, as well as be able to proactively and responsively adjust campaign components as needed
- Clearly and accurately communicate about plans, budgets, and campaigns with a variety of internal stakeholders
- Independently maintain procedures/organizational systems for monitoring campaigns, as well as adapt to client specific needs
- Provide data-based recommendations for campaign plans in collaboration with other team members
- Provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive reports on a recurring basis as directed, as well as upon request
- Have strong quantitative skills and experience in Excel and Sheets
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to quickly mastering new skills and complex processes
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be dependable and trustworthy with an ability to work well independently and with others
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, both for internal and external communication
- Have a basic understanding of political communication and digital media programs and a desire to learn and embrace digital media tactics
- Genuine interest in political advertising and understanding of digital media landscape
- Experience in ASANA or other project management tools
- Experience working in Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads, or other platforms
- Experience in political CRMs such as BSD, NGP, ActionNetwork, and ActBlue
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: Media Planner and Buyer. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis. To learn more about GPS Impact, please visit www.gpsimpact.com.
GPS Impact offers a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k) and paid time off. Salary is dependent on experience and location. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
GPS Impact is an equal opportunity employer and believes a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, social classes, religions, ages, sexes, genders, sexual orientations and gender identities. People of underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.