Use your talents to help people live a life of their choosing at GT Independence!
At GT, we know that our people are at the heart of our success. If you love your work, enjoy collaboration, and want to learn, you’ve come to the right place! Let us help you discover a new passion for doing good in a growing industry.
GT Independence has won numerous awards and recognitions for being a great workplace, including being named a National Best and Brightest Company To Work For in 2021!
As we continue to expand nationally we are seeking a talented leader for our Director of Personnel position. The Director of Personnel will develop and manager value-added personnel policies and programs. The primary objective of the Director of Personnel is the acquisition talent and the management of policies and programs including compensation and benefits that affect the acquisition and retention of talent.
The Director of Personnel has significant risk management responsibilities as it relates to employee discipline and terminations as well as the requirements of tax qualified benefit and retirement plans. The Director of Personnel shall support the Company’s values in providing service to GT staff and potential employees.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies and procedures to support the company’s people compliance and strategy needs.
- Collaborates with the Talent department regarding training, people initiatives, and surveys
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations assigned by Compliance; human capital management system(s); and recognition.
- Leads the company’s compliance with occupational health and safety and leads the company facilities committee focused on facility safety
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human capital management system
- Monitors and ensures the company’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Leads the company’s facilities management and development function
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical evaluation and decision-making
- Ability to build significant working relationships
- Negotiation and dispute resolution
- Knowledge of Windows, Power Point, Word and Excel or similar programs required
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred or commensurate work experience
GT Independence is a national, family-owned organization and a trusted leader in personal and financial services for people in need of home and community-based care throughout the country. We help thousands of people in public health programs across the country find and hire their own personal assistants.
We have a workplace that strives to create trust, autonomy and even fun. We believe that everyone can contribute and that the best employees are intrinsically motivated, so we excel because we respect each other and we love what we do.
We value excellence, but we won’t micromanage to achieve it. If you are self-motivated, we’ll give you the freedom to succeed on your own. Team members enjoy flexible time off, competitive wages and benefits and the opportunity to grow professionally.
*************************************************************Culture & Belonging at GT Independence
GT Independence is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive community. GT aspires for all staff to feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We want people to feel valued and have a sense of belonging. GT strives to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We recognize that our diversity makes us stronger. It also drives innovation and ultimately helps us achieve our mission of self-determination.Anti-Racism Statement
GT Independence is committed to recognizing, addressing, and opposing all forms of racism and ethnic oppression. We are devoted to dismantling and preventing every form of racism and racial oppression within our company.
At GT Independence, we recognize that the path to being an anti-racist organization is an endless journey and that individuals are at different points along the way. We acknowledge racism is a combination of individual bias and institutional power, negatively impacting Black, Indigenous, and/or
People of Color. As we strive to be an anti-racist organization, we will dedicate the resources and energy to:
• Assess our organization to identify and address racial inequities and injustices that exist
• Educate and empower employees, through training and honest conversation, to examine and mitigate their individual prejudices and biases and to act with fairness and respect. We understand that these conversations require courage, respect, and compassion, and may not always be comfortable
• Develop infrastructure and implement ongoing strategies and best practices to support and sustain a culture of antiracism and racial equity
• Seek to diversify the organization’s workforce, at all levels, to be more reflective of communities we serve