An integral member of Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston’s Development Department, the Gift Processing Associate is responsible for the gift entry and gift acknowledgement processes for the entire organization. This position requires an individual who is highly organized and detail oriented who loves to learn and to work with a complex Raiser’s Edge NXT database and its accompanying policies and procedures. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all Development and Clubs philanthropic contributions with consideration to timeliness, efficiency and accuracy of both gift coding and donor biographical data.
- Accurately capture donor intent in processing gifts by maintaining a thorough understanding of all appeals, funds, and gift types including multi-year and annual pledges, matching gifts, tribute gifts, online, wire and stock transactions, in-kind donations, and Club specific funds and initiatives.
- Partner with the Finance Department to manage and coordinate general accounting of gifts, daily deposits, and assist with monthly revenue reconciliation and annual audit requests.
- Generate timely and accurate acknowledgement letters and tax receipts; effectively coordinate with prospect managers for special letters. Track, scan and upload in PaperSave the live signed letters.
- Create, edit and maintain accurate constituent records in Raiser’s Edge NXT, ensuring that all biographical and donor contact information conforms to the standards established by the Development Office.
- Process address updates from returned mail and participate in ongoing and short-term data integrity projects as assigned.
- Track and monitor matching gift pledges and manage communications with administrators for the matching gift programs at donor companies.
- Respond to requests for information from donors, volunteers, and staff in a professional and timely manner.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Other administrative duties relative to development activities as needed.
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- BA or Associates Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Raiser’s Edge experience strongly preferred, although other database experience is considered; PaperSave and Import-OMatic experience a plus.
- At least one to two years of experience in a Development Office or equivalent environment, processing high volume of data.
- Willingness to spend extended periods of time doing routine and repetitive computer work.
- Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding gift and data entry while adhering to deadlines. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Perform all functions with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to take responsibility, to work well as a team member and independently. Be self-motivated and adaptable.
- Ability to understand and follow directions and complex policies and procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Commitment to continued learning and development on issues of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion