ILLUME Advising, LLC
is a research consultancy that supports the clean energy industry by providing market research, evaluation, strategy, and policy services for programs, services, and new clean energy technologies. Historically, the energy industry has under-served diverse groups, including: people of color, residents with limited incomes, rural customers, and those for whom English is not their first language, among others. We support our clients in remedying these disparities through empathic research and incisive data science. We are doubling down on this long-held commitment and are seeking a leader to help drive our work by centering equity in the clean energy transition.
We are looking for an exceptional professional to join our team as a Managing Director of Energy Equity, Research, and Impacts with an emphasis on our equity research. Candidates should have either previous or current work in strategic planning, research, method development, and evaluation tethered to multi-stakeholder engagement and an intersectional understanding of where environmental work intersects with public health, economic mobility, community resilience, and racial/social justice. This is a leadership position to support ILLUME in expanding on our core mission to:
- Elevate the voices of our colleagues through collaboration and the voices of the public through research.
- Build a thriving clean energy economy with a focus on environmental and social justice.
- Equitably transform the energy industry to the benefit of all communities.
Our ideal candidate is driven by a desire to help our clients remedy disparities in clean energy opportunities by taking a holistic view of the challenge. By examining the intersection of energy policy and social, racial, and environmental justice, this position will amplify our company’s core mission and help to push our work—and our industry—forward.
The Managing Director of Energy Equity, Research, and Impacts oversees large and complex research portfolios, high-profile projects, “small tent” strategic projects, and key accounts. The Managing Director of Energy Equity, Research, and Impacts will ensure that ILLUME has the technical and analytic depth necessary to meet our clients’ needs in the Equity space in the immediate and long-term. They will oversee and guide Managing Consultant, Consultant, and Analyst teams as they work to deliver on client projects and ensure project deliverables exceed industry standards and client expectations. This includes providing subject matter expertise in study design, qualitative and quantitative research design and methods, and qualitative and quantitative approaches to addressing issues related to Equity and diversity in the energy sector. The Managing Director of Energy Equity, Research, and Impacts will advise on strategy and provide guidance on technical resources needed to develop and deploy ILLUME products and services in this specific area of work. The Managing Director of Energy Equity, Research, and Impacts will keep up with industry best practices both within and outside of energy and integrate them into our team and approach.
We welcome candidates from backgrounds such as energy, public health, and environmental justice. To be successful, interested candidates will have had experience in business environments, thrive working under deadlines, and feel fulfilled problem-solving among a team of committed researchers and strategists.Qualifications
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in related fields
- Minimum 5-10 years of related experience
- Must have excellent database and computer skills in MS Teams, SharePoint, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience working on proposal submission websites such as Ariba is a plus. Experience working in a CRM is a plus.
Preference will be given to candidates that demonstrate:
How to Apply
- Expertise in topics such as diversity, equity, inclusion, racial, social, and economic disparities.
- An understanding of and commitment to evidence-based policy, program, and service development.
- Experience working in policy, legislative, and regulatory environments.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully responding to requests for proposals or grant applications.
- An ability to work in billable/“time and materials” business environments.
- Past success in business development, client engagement, and outreach.
- A work history in energy, public health, environmental justice, or similar fields.
ILLUME has partnered with Talent Citizen to conduct this search. To view a complete position description, please visit https://talentcitizen.com/active-searches/illume-advising/
. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to email@example.com
ILLUME Advising is headquartered in Madison, WI, with additional offices in Tuscon, AZ; Portland, OR; and staff in San Diego, CA; Washington, D.C; and remote. We encourage applicants nationwide to apply.