GetThru is hiring a Sales Manager to support outbound and inbound sales within our company’s core market of politics and advocacy.
This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Head of Sales and Marketing.About GetThru
GetThru’s mission is to empower organizations to connect authentically with their audiences at scale while building a sustainable company committed to progressive social change. Our tools have been used by more than 2,000 organizations to send over 1 billion text messages and make more than 500 million phone calls for voter contact, volunteer recruitment, fundraising, polling, and more. In the 2020 election cycle we helped propel several of the highest-profile Democratic campaigns in the nation to victory, along with plenty of progressive state and local candidates.
We are an all-remote company with 40+ full time staff spread across the US and Canada. Prior to the pandemic, we had a once-yearly all staff retreat, and held semi-annual in-person team meetings (e.g., sales, support, development). And while our roots are in progressive politics, we love partnering with organizations of all kinds that share our passion for creating a better world.Who you are / Who will love this job
You should have / What we’re looking for
- You have deep experience with progressive political campaigns and/or organizing
- You have a demonstrated experience and/or interest in political tech
- What you’ll do
- Develop and execute strategic plans in consultation with our Head of Sales and Marketing to expand our political/advocacy client base
- Build and maintain strong relationships with strategic clients and partners
- Draft proposals and lead presentations communicating the value of our tools
- Lead product demos
- Manage and conduct research and outreach via email, phone, and text to prospective clients
- Support clients in setup and implementation of GetThru tools
- Eventually, attend conferences for networking, presenting with client partners, and to staff exhibition booths (Note: GetThru does not currently require any work-related travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic.)
- A demonstrated passion and involvement in progressive politics, especially in voter contact and field organizing
- Strong connections to important progressive and Democratic political organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with phone, screen-share, and in-person presentations
- Experience or openness to working remotely
The following skills are nice to have, but are not requirements. If you have any of these skills, please be sure to note them in your cover letter and/or resume:
- Experience with software sales
While experience matters, and we care as much about work ethic, creativity, determination, and values alignment.Location
- GetThru is a remote company with employees spread out across the country.
- $60K - $80K base salary, depending on experience
- Additional compensation via participation in profit-sharing pool
- Participation in employee stock option pool
- 401K + employer match that begins on or after 3 months of employment
- 100% Health / dental / vision benefits for employees, 100% for dependents
- 3 weeks of vacation time plus 9 company holidays, 1 floating holiday of your choice, your birthday off and the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day off
- Additional benefits: home office equipment stipend, wellness stipend, professional development stipend, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, charitable giving match
GetThru provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. As our company grows, we strive to make space for all kinds of people to do amazing work with us. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, immigrants, and other communities underrepresented in technology startups. We believe that a team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences will be more creative, more adaptable, and more effective. And we strive to build a team that reflects the communities we are working to support. How to Apply
Please apply by going to: Sales Manager - Politics and Advocacy
. In your cover note, please explain why you want to work for GetThru. Tell us the causes you are connected to, what experiences make you a good fit, and why you are excited about this job. This position is open until filled.