Alteristic seeks a dynamic and charismatic public speaker with demonstrated leadership skills to join our training team. We are a high-growth, mission-driven organization dedicated to creating workplaces, communities, and educational institutions that are safe, equitable, and free from all forms of violence, with a focus on preventing workplace harassment and sexual assault. The Senior Trainer, Construction Trades will provide training and technical assistance primarily for trades organizations. This position will manage a portfolio of, and deepen relationships with, new and existing trades partners. The ideal candidate will have exemplary interpersonal and public speaking skills, initiative, and will be highly collaborative.
Alteristic offers a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience, and our benefits package includes health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, generous leave, and retirement.
This is a remote position. Candidates may reside anywhere in the US. This position requires some travel. Job Duties:
- Provide training for diverse populations including trades partners, government departments, agencies, affiliated entities, corporations, and other organizations on evidence-based prevention strategies to address all forms of harassment and bullying in the workplace, as well as sexual assault and other forms of intimate partner violence across settings primarily for trades.
- Provide training and technical assistance in the domains of workplace harassment and bullying, and all forms of harassment including sexual assault, and intimate partner violence, and effective community mobilization including but not limited to the Green Dot Violence Prevention strategy with a focus on trades organizations.
- Under the supervision of the Vice President of Programs, serve as a point of contact for technical assistance related to prevention strategies, primarily for construction trades organizations. This includes providing telephone and web-based consultation regarding effective prevention and supporting clients through the process of implementing prevention strategies.
- Manage, develop, and strengthen relationships with existing trades partners.
- Proactively identify new trades partners and develop relationships.
- Master new and existing training programs and stay abreast of key developments in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
How To Apply:
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience
- Experience working within the trades industry
- Previous experience providing high-level training or adult education
- Relevant experience working with workplace harassment, sexual assault prevention, or issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion preferred
- Excellent communicator, dynamic presenter, and self-directed
- Candidates with experience working with diverse populations and/or proficiency in languages other than English are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume, letter of interest, a writing sample (for example, academic writing, curricular writing or similar). Candidate should also submit a 5-minute video demonstrating the candidate’s public speaking style (Video should be of the candidate presenting either to a live audience or speaking to a camera as if speaking to a live audience. Presentation does not need to be specific to this topic.) Send materials to: email@example.com.
Please put "Senior Trainer, Construction Trades
" in email subject line. Apply as soon as possible as resumes/tapes are evaluated and interviews scheduled as applications are received.
Alteristic values and respects the diverse viewpoints and experiences and individual differences of all people. Alteristic is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all interested job seekers to apply.