Provide oversight and management direction in the research and development of new and existing products utilized by Church Mutual. Analyze competitor and market information to provide strategic direction for the company. Set standards for the development of forms and supporting documentation. Provide supervision to direct reports to include training and coaching to develop technical expertise, performance reviews, job assignments, and special projects. Make recommendations and implement solutions to meet product needs. Establish standards to ensure necessary regulatory compliance is met.
- Provide oversight and management direction in the development of new products and the upgrade and maintenance of existing products.
- Review competitor and market information provided by unit members to provide strategic direction in the development and maintenance of products. Set standards for the dissemination of competitor information.
- Direct supervision of staff to include development, coaching, training, hiring, maintenance of job descriptions, performance reviews, salary recommendations, job assignments, and special projects. Ensure that staff is capable of performing as technical experts and advisors in their respective areas of expertise.
- Collaborate with underwriters and producers to develop appropriate coverage options. Recommend and implement solutions to meet product needs.
- Set standards for the development of all policy forms and support documentation necessary to introduce a new product or change. Provide quality control. Finalize and approve forms.
- Coordinate scheduling of filings across unit. Assist with complex filings as needed. Lead the implementation of approved filing changes for assigned lines and states.
- Establish standards to ensure compliance with regulatory and technical product is met and products being delivered to the customer are correct. Initiate corrective action when required.
- Responsible for areas of market conduct that relate to product rate, form, and rule filings for assigned lines of insurance.
- Ensure compliance with all involuntary plans. Advise management of plan rule or requirement changes that are of consequence to Church Mutual.
- Monitor the communication and maintenance of current information on product and compliance issues. Communicate future line of insurance/product changes that will impact Church Mutual.
- Act as line of business resource to all departments for assigned lines and states.
- Develop working relationships with boards, bureaus, and trade organizations.
- Responsible for special project work as assigned.
- Audit work of peers and new employees.
- Develop recommendations and advise on annual budget requirements for the unit.
- Provide oversight and management in the development of new products and the upgrade and maintenance of existing products.
- Analyze competitor and market information to provide strategic direction for company direction.
- Set standards for the development of policy forms. Provide quality control for new and existing coverage forms.
- Direct supervision of staff members.
- Provide technical expertise for complex filings.
- Coordinate scheduling of filings across unit approved filing changes for assigned lines and states.
- Establish standards to ensure necessary compliance is met.
- Set standards for the dissemination of competitor information.
- Generally five or more years of related experience with three years in a leadership role.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required. Equivalent industry experience may be considered.
- Related industry course work a plus.
Necessary Knowledge and Abilities:
- Expert technical knowledge of commercial insurance forms, rates, and rules.
- Understanding of the state and federal regulatory environment.
- Above-average communication skills.
- Ability to manage people and project assignments.
- Negotiation, facilitation, and consensus-building skills.
- Thorough understanding or ability to learn Church Mutual line of insurance procedures, processes, and product lifecycle management.
- Ability to identify when bureau, insurance department, rating service organizations, or other requirements will impact Church Mutual.
- Sound judgment and decision making.
- Ability to promote a team environment of creative innovation.
- Ability to support Church Mutual's position with insurance regulators.
- Understanding of Church Mutual's mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives.
- Knowledge of project planning methodologies and tools.
- Analytical and goal driven.
Church Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.