21-22 NA/SEA-Medically Fragile and Sub NA Applicant Pool
15.77 - 16.57
Why You Should Work with MMSD!
The Madison Metropolitan School District (MMSD) is committed to being anti-racist, culturally responsive, and inclusive. We are seeking highly motivated and energetic applicants. The Madison Metropolitan School District actively seeks and encourages women and candidates of color to apply.
Becoming a Model School District
We have a simple but bold vision — to ensure that every school is a thriving school, that prepares every student to graduate from high school ready for college, career and community.
To achieve this vision, we seek talent at all levels, in all positions, who are committed to being anti-racist, culturally responsive, and inclusive. We welcome applicants who will actively contribute to our ongoing commitment to making MMSD a thriving, welcoming environment for all students, families and staff.
We firmly believe and are here to create a work environment that is challenging and rewarding, while supporting employees in their career path. We strive to provide, encourage, grow and develop a talented workforce that better supports and represents the diversity of our student population.
- Provide basic emergency care for illness or injury.
- Monitor students' health status during periods of short-term rest or recovery.
- Administer medications and carry out nursing procedures under the delegation of the school nurse.
- Maintain student health records, via computers and patient care records.
- Notify appropriate personnel of emergency situations, including parents, physicians, building personnel, and hospitals.
- Order and maintain all necessary supplies and equipment in the health office.
- Maintain cleanliness of health office, including health office laundry.
- Assist in school health screening follow up.
- Prepare bulletin board displays.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Licensing and KSA requirements, Competencies
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse students, staff, and community, orally and in writing.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to maintain student confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to direct others.
- Ability to make judgments and perform when confronted with emergency situations.
- Able to type at least 40 w.p.m.
- Experience working in a windows environment.
- Job requires sitting, standing, walking, lifting (up to 50 lbs), climbing, bending, reaching and kneeling. (Medical exam required for employees transferring from EA job to NA or SEA job).
- Experience working cross-culturally and/or commitment to work toward improving one's own cultural competence, i.e., valuing difference/diversity, recognizing personal limitations in one's skills and expertise, and having the desire to learn in these areas.
- Experience working with students with diabetes
- Licensed RN, LPN or successful completion of approved school nurse assistant course within last year and update within 3 years.
- CPR certification
- First Aid certification
- Prior experience working with school age children desired.
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desired
- Experience working in middle or high school setting as nurse's assistant.
- Demonstrated skill working in fast paced environment with need to multi task throughout the day.
- After you've submitted your application for this position, you will be invited to complete a video interview. In order to be considered for this vacancy, your video interview must be completed by the end of the day Thursday (during the week the job closes). For example, if you do not apply until Wednesday (the day the job closes) you have just one day to complete and submit the video interview.
- You will also be invited to complete fluency testing, both a written and verbal assessment, if you have not yet completed one
- All internal applicants who meet minimum requirements and have a completed first-round video interview on file will be forwarded to the principal who will be scheduling in-person interviews for this position. That principal/school will reach out to you if they would like to move you forward to an in-person interview at their school.