GPS Impact is hiring a full-time Media Planner and Buyer to join our growing Paid Media Team. This position can be remote (pending location approval) or based in one of our physical office locations of Des Moines, IA, Kansas City, MO, Philadelphia, PA or Washington, D.C.
We are a full-service public affairs and multimedia advertising agency with broad experience helping progressive candidates, advocacy groups, and organizations use integrated, strategic communications and advertising to achieve their goals. GPS Impact is uniquely set up with digital expertise as well as television media production, general campaign consulting, communications experts, ad-buying, targeting, and creative all in-house.
GPS Impact believes diversity is a source of strength. We aspire to be a company that welcomes each of our employees’ unique characteristics, perspectives, identities, and lived experiences. We aim for a work environment of inclusion where individuals can contribute fully and feel valued, engaged, and supported to reach their full potential. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to place various types of ads and understand and differentiate among a variety of platforms
- Monitor multiple advertising campaigns simultaneously
- Proactively and responsively adjust campaign components as needed
- Communicate goals and projections of plans, budgets, and campaigns
- Provide data-based recommendations for campaign plans in collaboration with other team members
- Provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive reports on a recurring basis as directed, as well as upon request
- Organize meetings with digital vendors to stay on top of latest industry offerings and be able to report back on these meetings to team members
- Strong quantitative skills, experience in Excel and Sheets, and able to use data to make decisions
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to quickly master new skills and complex processes
- Be dependable and trustworthy with an ability to work well independently and with others
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, both for internal and external communication
- Have a basic understanding of political communication and digital media programs, and a desire to learn and embrace digital media tactics
- Must be comfortable asking questions and for help when needed
- Genuine interest in political advertising and understanding of digital media landscape
- Basic understanding of political communication and digital media programs
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Experience in Slack, ASANA, or other project management tools
- Experience working in Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads, or other platforms
- Experience in political CRMs such as NGP, ActionNetwork, and ActBlue
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: Media Planner and Buyer. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis. To learn more about GPS Impact, please visit www.gpsimpact.com.
GPS Impact offers a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), and paid time off. Salary is dependent on experience and location. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
GPS Impact is an equal opportunity employer and believes a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, social classes, religions, ages, sexes, genders, sexual orientations, and gender identities. People of underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.