Supports all dental clinics with billing and collections processes by verifying dental benefits and providing estimates to patients.
Form positive and productive relationships with staff, students and faculty to support the mission, vision, values, and PROMISE standards of the organization. Foster a supportive, anti-racist, equitable, and inclusive environment for our patients, students, faculty, staff, and the communities we serve.
This position has remote or hybrid options.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN28504B 01478 - SOD - EDUCATION
COMPENSATION: 17.00 to 19.00
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time; Working hours are from 8 am – 5 pm, but may fluctuate outside of this timeframe.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Essential Functions
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Supports and promotes UUSOD mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Verifies patient benefits and eligibility.
- Resolves problems resulting from claim adjudication and customer service phone calls.
- Obtains or confirms pre-authorization for procedures for specialty care.
- Collaborate with external clinics to provide estimates of procedures for patients.
- Assists staff questions regarding insurance procedures and policies.
- Carries out special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear and professional written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines for projects, tasks and goals as assigned.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet productivity expectations.
- Ability to provide professional and courteous service in all interactions with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to complete work with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated accountability for work taking ownership for quality and timeliness of work.
- Ability to work independently within a team setting.
- Consistently demonstrates positive attitude when interacting with team members.
- Ability to resolve difficult or complicated challenges in a logical manner and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
Nearly Continuously: Office environment. Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Two years of billing experience (medical setting preferred) and knowledge of debits and credits, insurance company policies, and medical terminology. MS Word and Excel skills. Strong customer service, demonstrated human relations skills, and effective communication skills required. Knowledge of coding may be preferred for some positions.
This position is patient-sensitive and must fulfill all associated requirements. We protect our patients, coworkers, and community by requiring all patient-sensitive employees to be immunized according to CDC standards and hospital policy. Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
PREFERENCES: Knowledge of Dental Billing preferred
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/126126EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYThe University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.